Jaundice in Baby

Little_prince

Hey pal, firstly congrats!!!! [bounce1]

My guess would be tat u are Chinese? Cos Chinese bb more prone to jaundice.

2nd guess is u r 1st time dad? Cos jaundice is very common in bb, esp Chinese bb! Nothing much to

worry abt.

Btw, u got a nanny to help out? If have, she should be able to advise u if bb condition got too extreme.

Edited by Ronleo
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Congrads! Welcome to the Daddies Club! [thumbsup]

You can bring your baby to sun tan in the morning for a few mins (but cover the eyes). This method will help to reduce Jaundice.

Secondly, jaundice is normal for babies, so do not worry so much!

Lastly, your nanny or confinement lady should be experienced enough to advise you what to do, so check with her

Ya. Dr ang. Hmm...

DR Ang Ai Tin si bo? [laugh] .......she confirm play it safer de...sure ask you go under UV light lah......my two kids all care under her...I know her style......10+ years never see her liao...now still lau chio bo? [laugh]

Edited by LoverofCar

From my own experience having a 3weeks premature baby,i bought the yellow flowers from those TCM shops for a few dollars.boil it in water, and then shower the baby with the cool boiled water. within a few days can see noticeably that the yellow colour start to go away.

*honestly i don't know it's name but every TCM shops would know what flower it is once you say you want to buy the flowers to bathe the baby who have 'yellow fever'.

From my own experience having a 3weeks premature baby,i bought the yellow flowers from those TCM shops for a few dollars.boil it in water, and then shower the baby with the cool boiled water. within a few days can see noticeably that the yellow colour start to go away.

*honestly i don't know it's name but every TCM shops would know what flower it is once you say you want to buy the flowers to bathe the baby who have 'yellow fever'.

Oh yes, call ng kee, but think this remedy is more of those pian fang.

this level of yellow looks ok? or should i rush her to hospital? [bigcry]

Looks ok to me. Is her body also yellow?

Edited by Tony76

hi guys.

my baby girl just born on Sunday. today is her 5th day. Noticed that her jaundice seem to be getting worse instead of better. eyes turning yellow.

Is there anything to be worried about?

We're sunning her every morning and evening per doc advice.

thanks in advance

Congrats, it's very common for babies to have jaundice....

just seek doctor's advice, my baby boy had mild jaundice for 2 weeks before it's totally gone.

If u believe in a "chinese way", try give her some zhen zhu feng

The maternity lady say its very mild. She says that me and wifey over reacting :(

My baby had borderline jaundice when he was born three months back. Only abit on the face so suntan settled it. The PD said it is ok unless the body also yellowish which will warrant hospitalisation for photo therapy.:)

Neutral Newbie

Not to worry about the jaundice in new borns...bring to the hospital where they place the baby under light...

Alternatively, let the EARLY MORNING SUN RAYS fall on the baby, do it consecutively for few days..it will be alright...

Parents tend to place their baby under the Sun who has jaundice but do remember this, do not over "tan' them or they will be "cook". Babies cannot tell you that they are too "hot" or they have enough, so do it at your own risk.

My elder girl was having and i did to bring her to tan her under the sun. However do this b4 10am

As the uv were low.

Another was beware not to bring her to area with strong wind. My younger boy having slight and didn't

Do Anything but only observing gone within a week.

my elder son, we were given the option to rent machine or ward, and i rented the machine because wife didnt want to part with him. second son, we like, send to ward lah, mai too liao!

Supercharged

ha ha ha now then clear old msgs

but i got no time go back see what white patch [:p]

Yr boss outstation today huh ? :D

Supercharged

I thought Jaundice is pretty normal with babies? Sunshine a few weeks will become OK?

Some parents, especially new parents are not sure of this...so had to ask around for opinions lor... [:)]

I thought Jaundice is pretty normal with babies? Sunshine a few weeks will become OK?

It very high percentage that every baby will get however if it don't go off after a week, doc normally

will ask to bring back for review.

So it can be small case and big case if it not well taken care.

↡ Advertisement