Liverpool Season 2013/14 part 1 - Transfer news fever

Lala81

IMO, Aquilani showed us why he was bought ... i always tot he can pass better than Adam..

BORini has an eye catching goal celebration.... hopefully he will show us more than that...

I know! That's the problem. Rafa bought Aqua, and he showed he was class, then why din Rafa play him more ? [dizzy] That's why I said dun suit the Run & Gun way .... I read before that Rafa was "arm-twisted" into buying Aqua, something to do with Riise going the other way

Borini - you mean the archer pose ?? :D

↡ Advertisement

i always tot he can pass better than Adam..

And don't get me started on his-crosses-are-worth-10M-Adam !! This signing is a HUGE mistake! [mad]

#LFC have confirmed Jonjo Shelvey has completed a transfer to Swansea City.

FROM @LFC ON TWITTER: (10 minutes ago)

And don't get me started on his-crosses-are-worth-10M-Adam !! This signing is a HUGE mistake! [mad]

Still better than P. Konchesky & C.Poulsen......... <_<

(edited)

I know! That's the problem. Rafa bought Aqua, and he showed he was class, then why din Rafa play him more ? [dizzy] That's why I said dun suit the Run & Gun way .... I read before that Rafa was "arm-twisted" into buying Aqua, something to do with Riise going the other way

Aquilani came in during Rafa's final season... injured

during the first part of season... he was recovering...

to be fair, he needs time to get back match fitness n also get used to EPL style

towards the end of season, I think he did score a goal or two n showed some nice passes...

anyway, sounds like our 35M story... just that he doesn't cost so much

probably RH n KD style not that suitable for him..

think Rafa also said something abt Aquilani need to get over his fear (due to injury)

Borini: knife in his mouth goal celebration... think he has talent but probably need more of the ball in a central role

he can't do a Kuyt for sure

Edited by Raymondism

Turbocharged

in this article I disagree with Aquilani & Carroll. These 2 are good players but just a wrong fit. And they were victims of circumstances - Carroll : forever weighed down by price tag, Aquilani : touted as replacement for the super popular Alonso : how to live up to that ? + both were bought injured (a bad bad move) Diouf I agree - From top to bottom dun deserve to even wear Liverpool socks! Keane - well I guess he doesn't suit Rafa's smash and grab style. Some of the so called flops were actually bought for what they can do BUT maybe they just cannot fit in.

So many how to name ??

Rafa - Morientes & Gonzalez. Morientes came with a BIG reputation and he just did not deliver. Gonzalez came after so many ding dongs and was useless. Of cos there are so many other CMI that Rafa signed - Josemi, Degen, Dossena,

KD - HAVE to be Downing

BR - For the price, Borini. At least JA showed what his abilities initially. But Borini ? I have seen nothing of note so far

I disagree with dossena or was it dengen. He score the last goal in our thrashing of Man U. That alone make his signing worth it. :D

Turbocharged

like what Ray say. come in injured. after that when rafa wanted to play him. he keep saying he is injured. then after that rafa is gone liao.

but personally, i suspect that he was gone because of back room politics. after all his position was that occupy by Captain G.

Hypersonic
(edited)

http://tomkinstimes.com/2013/07/who-was-yo...inting-signing/

Who was your most disappointing signing?

maybe from each manager???

Most disappointing

KD - tie between AC and Downing

- From what i expected from AC, i expected a english version of drogba. But his lack of balance immediately put me in doubt of his abilities. Honestly i would rather buy a younger Carlton Cole compared to him.

- Downing. Always thought he was decent in Aston villa/Boro. But come also dam disappointing.

Rafa - Morientes was simply superb when he was younger. So sad to see him declined so badly by the time he reached LFC.

GH - can't remember liao leh. so long ago... any other notable players other than Diouf/salif Diao. How about igor biscan/bruno cheyrou?

Edited by Lala81

like what Ray say. come in injured. after that when rafa wanted to play him. he keep saying he is injured. then after that rafa is gone liao.

but personally, i suspect that he was gone because of back room politics. after all his position was that occupy by Captain G.

you still around ah? long time never see you on forum. thought you too busy liaoz. how's life? [laugh]

Turbocharged

you still around ah? long time never see you on forum. thought you too busy liaoz. how's life? [laugh]

Busy lor. I will still come here when I am free lah. All my kops khakis all here.

Busy lor. I will still come here when I am free lah. All my kops khakis all here.

mcf league never play liaoz ah?

i got a lot of pool babies to trade with you leh. [laugh]

Still better than P. Konchesky & C.Poulsen......... <_<

Think u might b spot on abt these two signings by RH...

Konchesky is probably his worst

Most disappointing

KD - tie between AC and Downing

- From what i expected from AC, i expected a english version of drogba. But his lack of balance immediately put me in doubt of his abilities. Honestly i would rather buy a younger Carlton Cole compared to him.

- Downing. Always thought he was decent in Aston villa/Boro. But come also dam disappointing.

Rafa - Morientes was simply superb when he was younger. So sad to see him declined so badly by the time he reached LFC.

GH - can't remember liao leh. so long ago... any other notable players other than Diouf/salif Diao. How about igor biscan/bruno cheyrou?

To be fair to AC n SD, they were supposed to play together...

Btw some folks said that SD provided lots of crosses.... its his team mates fault that they din get into position....

GH... hmm... i think Diao n Cheyrou... supposed to be the next mega french connection of vieira n zidane... followed by Le Tallec n Pongolle

Diouf, though as disappointing as Kewell... came as a french team top scorer n was impressive during WC... he also showed desire to play for the team....

I think he also shocked by his own team..... the lack of quality in the team... i remember he was trading one touch passes w the likes of Maxi n Babel even in the box.... the rest of the players like allergic to short passes.... defensively weak though...

↡ Advertisement