Buying furniture from JB

Little_prince

I went buy my dinner table+chairs in gucca taman molek

there are few mattress shops there.nvr recce though..gucca got sell their own mattress brand...

Nearby got 1 lighting & toilet accessories shop too..

If u let me tompang in ur RMC car, mayb i follow..

Curtains i got from curtain.com.my

tinking of asking them to quote for wall paper...

curtain get from tb la.lol

↡ Advertisement

Want to buy KDK/Panasonic ceiling fan, JB is definitely a good choice. Go to YES Appliance at Jalan Serampang. Save you about 30%, plus the ceiling U-hook is provided. Some people may be concerned about warranty, well, only the motor has warranty and it's only 1 year anyway. Chances of motor spoil within a year for such established brand is rare....

Want to buy KDK/Panasonic ceiling fan, JB is definitely a good choice. Go to YES Appliance at Jalan Serampang. Save you about 30%, plus the ceiling U-hook is provided. Some people may be concerned about warranty, well, only the motor has warranty and it's only 1 year anyway. Chances of motor spoil within a year for such established brand is rare....

yes, fan is good to buy there and they got mroe range as well. got the deko fan which can turn both clockwise and anti clock wise.

bro. do they deliver and install appliance to sg?

got address or gps coordinates? cuz i really clueless in malaysia [laugh]

tks in advance

No la..JB good enough..

Need to customise, do up the railing, measure...

Was happy with JB quality

Ya...i buy frm big shops, 1 ting to note, most will want full cash b4 delivery. Not many comfortable with dat.

hi guys

just got my flat.

thinking of getting furniture from JB.... and maybe mattress too... as it seems to be much cheaper

any recommendations?

thanks in advance! [cool]

Get a whole lorry worth of furniture, as it is more "worth" when it comes to delivery charges into Singapore.

Johor Jaya and Taman Molek area not bad.

My lightings I also got everything from JB at the stretch of shophouses midway when u driving to Bukit Indah area from the Tun Aminah area... cheaper than balestier.

bro. do they deliver and install appliance to sg?

got address or gps coordinates? cuz i really clueless in malaysia [laugh]

tks in advance

No installation provided laa... Anyway, if you going to have electrician fixing up your lightings, you can ask them to fix it for $30 - $50.

Can't help you on the coordinates though...

Edited by Tjkbeluga

Back in 2004, this is what I bought

1) 3+2+1 fabric sofa

2) 6 feet TV cabinet with glass top

3) 3 feet coffee table

4) 6 feet side cabinet to partition between living and dining area

5) 5 feet glass top dining table with 6 chairs

6) tall glass top shoe cabinet with drawers

7) 2 units of 5 feet full height clothings cabinet.

8) solid nyatoh super single bedframe with pullout mattress at the bottom

9) 1 queen size bed frame

10) 2 sets of dressing tables and bed side cabinet.

All for RM16k. Transport from my hometown to Singapore free. So just pay GST.

When I move to new house recently, I manage to sell most of the above to 1 fella at SGD 1K.... [laugh]

Edited by Tjkbeluga

Bought and drove back 5 KDK fans and 70 downlights for my house in 2 trips...... much much cheaper. More than 50%.

The shops will issue you 2 receipts... one is the real price you paid.... the other is a reduced priced invoice which you can show to our woodlands customs for 7%taxing purposes. So whether you want to pay more tax or less is up to you.

My stainless steel railings are ordered from jb, and they delivered the metal with a team of welders to do on-site welding. Took me quite a while to find this stainless steel guy who is willing to take Singapore job. Saved me 30%

For furnitures and carpentry, I feel the price diff is not that much, so opt for made in singapore.

Turbocharged

To me, when comes to furniture, it is not so much of a price issue. It is more on how the shop handles the furniture during transport and storage.

Furnitures, are extremely fragile to poor handling. It's big, it's bulky, and they are carried by burly men who can't wait to throw your furniture onto the ground.

Unless you are not particular about a scratch, or a dent, or a tear, etc when your furniture arrived.....it is much safer to buy in Singapore. The longer distance from Malaysia brings out more logistic risk. And it is a lot more hassle when you want it to be exchanged.

I have done everything before. Buy from msia, buy from local furniture exhibition, buy from local big names, even buy from HDB carpentry shops. Surprisingly, the easiest one to deal with when problems occur is your HDB shop. The most difficult to deal with is Msia shops and local furniture exhibitors.

Yes, buying from msia is cheaper sometimes, but when your furniture arrived with a dent, it sours the entire experience.

So think about that first.

Edited by Icedbs

Neutral Newbie

have you consider get from china ? through taobao website of alibaba

even cheaper than malaysia, cuz the lighting shop person they tell me

all come from china.

have you consider get from china ? through taobao website of alibaba

even cheaper than malaysia, cuz the lighting shop person they tell me

all come from china.

lighting can about 20-30% savings as compared to MY. MY will save about 40-50% as compared to SG.

however furniture not worth the effort as too hugh unless go by container

↡ Advertisement