Amaron Battery

VellfireS

somemore told me Japanese car cannot install Amaron battery. What a load of rubbish.

All battery brands can be installed in all cars.

The only difference is the type being sold.

For Japanese car, you need a JIS standard battery, which means it's of certain dimensions, the terminals are protruding out and normally has no base.

For Conti or Korean car, you need DIN standard or battery with base. The terminals are flushed with the battery tops.

But some less popular battery brands play on the word Japanese or German standards, to give the false impression that they are made in that country.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement

Just changed Amaron 75ah battery at "Cinema"..

S$140 cheap cheap.

(not too sure of the model no)

======================

Was quoted by a MCF active member, other brand at S$250

If S$250 is for roadside emergency assist, I don't mind paying. 

somemore told me Japanese car cannot install Amaron battery. What a load of rubbish.

Just deleted his number from my phone. save space!

ya. pm me too.  which idiot said that!

• Praise 1

All battery brands can be installed in all cars.

The only difference is the type being sold.

For Japanese car, you need a JIS standard battery, which means it's of certain dimensions, the terminals are protruding out and normally has no base.

For Conti or Korean car, you need DIN standard or battery with base. The terminals are flushed with the battery tops.

But some less popular battery brands play on the word Japanese or German standards, to give the false impression that they are made in that country.

very clear info, thank you bro.... my workshop usually recommends what capacity is sufficient for my car use (basic ICE, nothing else)...  [thumbsup]

very clear info, thank you bro.... my workshop usually recommends what capacity is sufficient for my car use (basic ICE, nothing else)...  [thumbsup]

Usually you want to go for oem standard capacity.

Basic ICE is really nothing much, unless you have gigantic amps and do full blast with 10x 12" subwoofers. [laugh]

In that case, you'd really want to upgrade the alternator first.

The battery is sized, based on starting engine current and what it needs to comfortably power normal car electrical,electronics.

The real flow of power supply comes from the alternator. Battery is just an electrical storage device.

Without a big enough alternator providing the required electrical consumption, the battery will still run flat eventually, no matter how big it is.

i think i noe which one

those 24/7 dial a ....u noe la...

i also ask b4. the price +50 more than batt shop

for amaron tpy cinema shop is indeed cheap

by nearly 50-60 

• Praise 1

ya. pm me too.  which idiot said that!

Dail-a-Cinema.....really good price

I saw the battery model.

Amaron Hi-Life (Green Colour casing) : 12V/65AH

i think i noe which one

those 24/7 dial a ....u noe la...

i also ask b4. the price +50 more than batt shop

for amaron tpy cinema shop is indeed cheap

by nearly 50-60 

aiyah, already blacklisted by me. so much more expensive.

but cinema shop always wants to change the battery with engine running. beware lor. I tell all the shops i go to to change it with engine off. its only to reset the radio presets, how difficult is that. 

else you sell me the battery and i change it myself at your shop. I have a set of wrenches in my boot.

Edited by Mkl22

aiyah, already blacklisted by me. so much more expensive.

but cinema shop always wants to change the battery with engine running. beware lor. I tell all the shops i go to to change it with engine off. its only to reset the radio presets, how difficult is that. 

else you sell me the battery and i change it myself at your shop. I have a set of wrenches in my boot.

i thought is standard to change with engine running?

i got a battery that is dated four years old. The voltage is fine but i was told by a to change it due to the age. I asked for it to be tested but i didnt see him do a Cold crank amp test. just a voltage test. 

I hate to replace a good working batt unnecessarily and hate it more to give it to em over nothing.  advise? 

i got a battery that is dated four years old. The voltage is fine but i was told by a to change it due to the age. I asked for it to be tested but i didnt see him do a Cold crank amp test. just a voltage test. 

I hate to replace a good working batt unnecessarily and hate it more to give it to em over nothing.  advise? 

should be a load test. so what did the meter say? every battery is at 12v or more without load. if you load it and the voltage drops too much then its time to replace.

• Praise 1

the car and tyre shop I go to didnt test that. where are the places that can test for me? 

I can test for you, just pm me.

what is the right way to change batt? if i were to remove the battery to charge, would i lose any data on the car?

Starting engine and change battery is a bad idea.

Bcuz the moment, you pull the terminal off a battery, the alternator winding send a voltage surge up to 50V or higher around the car electrical.

You might just fried your ECU for nothing.

The battery is a "voltage stabilizer" if you will.

Any surge and spikes in voltage is sink inside the battery harmlessly.

It's better to lose setting than a potential damage.

• Praise 2

Search 'Your Car Battery Guru' in Facebook.

The price of their AMARON battery is at least $20 cheaper than TPY Cinema store.

Edited by Vinceng

My Amaron battery decided to give up after 10 months in service again! This is the 2nd one I had replaced under warranty when the first died on me at the 11th month.

Any good recommnendation for 80 AH battery? hear Odyssey is good. The Merc original cost S$380 bucks. Shall I just buy that?

All input welcome!

↡ Advertisement