NUS Professor in sex for grades scandal

Ahtong

So does it mean her degree will be revoked?

:D

the girl really is the loser

[crazy]人財两失 [crazy]

boyfriend gone

career gone

simi mah gone case liao

if still sane, very good liao

↡ Advertisement

it ok after all still got job for him in prison ...can conduct good English classes and raise the yellow ribbon support group awareness....who knows....so for next 3 to 5 years...we can see more inmates pass their O and A level English in flying colors....

Supercharged

they are basing on the argument he can manipulate the situation at ease and therefore he is corrupt. that's what I see from the judge's verdict.

Supercharged

[crazy]人財两失 [crazy]

boyfriend gone

career gone

simi mah gone case liao

If she is willing to change and adapt a new life to move on, then should be able to survive...

Boyfriend gone, can get a new one. :blink:

Career wise should be alright if she is capable in her work. After all, the court ruled that the Professor was at fault, not her.

If she is willing to change and adapt a new life to move on, then should be able to survive...

Boyfriend gone, can get a new one. :blink:

Career wise should be alright if she is capable in her work. After all, the court ruled that the Professor was at fault, not her.

if i her,

i change name, change outlook, go another commonwealth country to practise :ph34r:

start a new life :mellow:

i think the 'giving' party also guilty of corruption, which should be dealt with later, but in this case she is the on the prosecution side.

this is actually quite confusing to me.

pardon my bad english please.

usually corruption requires 2 parties, one to give and one to receive.

in this case, it appears that the judge believes that the receipient gave the impression to the giver that he was corruptible, and received gifts as a result. therefore, he is corrupt.

as for the giver, the judge says that the gifts were coz she was in love, not because she was corrupt. (and she is not apparently)

but if the giver did not gift with a corrupt intent, it implies that either the gifts would have been given, regardless of whether he gave the corruptible impression or not.

therefore, the act of soliciting for a bribe (of sorts) alone, is corruption.

extrapolating, would a judge asking his clerk to fetch him coffee, be corrupt? how about a promise of upgrading of your estate in exchange for votes?

asking questions, coz i dont know the answer. dont shoot me..

edit: mod please delete if inappropriate.

Turbocharged

This damn girl still working in LAW firm?

The law society should kick her out immediately since she using bribery to get her result.

[crazy]人財两失 [crazy]

boyfriend gone

career gone

simi mah gone case liao

[dizzy] not to mention that she cannot look straight anymore

Turbocharged
(edited)

dont think the girl will lose her career .. and her current bf or husband, if any, if love her, should still accept her despite her tainted past. why are we so unforgiving ? i am sure most of us have f**ked and regretted before. [laugh]

Edited by Ingenius

no matter what ....life have to go on...to be a successor..u need to have Pride,Passion and last but not least...the PAIN....with all the 3 P's...u will be one damn good people...can someone add on.....

in singapore, it is very rare when the police brings a charge to someone and the someone gets acquitted, there seems to be a trend, actually, in this case, some lawyers think, the judge err on the prosecution side despite there are NO definitive proof that there was corruption involved, but then this is singapore courts for you, remember the many cases before

Keep seeing this, but no official reference to it? Not reported in the mainstream news.

it was reported on Ch8 news (10 pm) last night

Neutral Newbie

any latest update how long professor chikopek kena?

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...529-425917.html said minimum 3 months jail.

wow..., very light

3 months jail mean only about 2 months or less if have good behavior.

my opinion, it is not about we should forgive or not, but need send a clear message.

if fine for not put parking coupon or park in double yellow line is $50k, even coe of very big company will think twice.

if the fine only $150-200, for urgent case, $150-200 is really nothing for everyone.

you comparing a summon with this case? :huh:

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...529-425917.html said minimum 3 months jail.

wow..., very light

my opinion, it is not about we should forgive or not, but need send a clear message.

if fine for not put parking coupon or park in double yellow line is $50k, even coe of very big company will think twice.

if the fine only $150-200, for urgent case, $150-200 is really nothing for everyone.

Hypersonic

wow..., very light

I don't like to ask things from people but

can you lend me $200 if its really nothing to you?

:D

↡ Advertisement