NUS Professor in sex for grades scandal

Ahtong

Supercharged

quite normal lor......

even developing relationship with student is not really corruption.

and basically he did not go alter the academic grades of darine ko

Turbocharged

Upz for verdict, today?

Is verdict today?

What I'd like to know - the "dodgy" sex cases so (NBG, Peter Lim and Prof Tey) so fast in comparison to the church case - but the church case seems to be the one with real wrongdoing and much larger scale.

If Prof Tey guilty - it is relatively small scale compared to the millions misappropriated by China Whine, and even then - I still haven't heard evidence on how he influenced her grade.

I know at my university, papers did NOT have names on them, and in any case, it was seldom the prof marking papers, so it is hard for me to see how he could have influenced in a major way (other than giving her hints of what is in the paper)

Is verdict today?

What I'd like to know - the "dodgy" sex cases so (NBG, Peter Lim and Prof Tey) so fast in comparison to the church case - but the church case seems to be the one with real wrongdoing and much larger scale.

If Prof Tey guilty - it is relatively small scale compared to the millions misappropriated by China Whine, and even then - I still haven't heard evidence on how he influenced her grade.

I know at my university, papers did NOT have names on them, and in any case, it was seldom the prof marking papers, so it is hard for me to see how he could have influenced in a major way (other than giving her hints of what is in the paper)

No sure if its coincidence but in 2011 Prof Tey wrote a book criticising the SG judiciary. Shortly months after, he was called up by CPIB for investigation. [:/]

Supercharged

talking about this, during my uni days, some schoolmates professed they are very accurate in picking up the hints of the lecturer or tutor on the exam topics. too bad for people like me who study to gain knowledge, lose out in the academic grade chase.

but hey, such hinting happens all the time in uni, why penalise the prof if indeed he done it? what more there being no evidence introduced to prove this?

Peter Lim should be this friday :D

Is verdict today?

Turbocharged

talking about this, during my uni days, some schoolmates professed they are very accurate in picking up the hints of the lecturer or tutor on the exam topics. too bad for people like me who study to gain knowledge, lose out in the academic grade chase.

but hey, such hinting happens all the time in uni, why penalise the prof if indeed he done it? what more there being no evidence introduced to prove this?

Seems to me, someone there is very "prudish" and seems to think that once got sex, must be punished - whether the sex linked to any other benefit or not.

What we have heard so far, the Peter Lim case is the worst of the lot - but even for his case, there is a 2 or 3 year lag between the sex and the alleged benefit / payoff - which seems rather ridickilous to me....who would sux dork for a benefit only 3 years later?

Supercharged

actually i kinda pity her.

kena Farked. lost her virginity. lost money on gifts. got her name dragged thru the mud. all for a B.

too harsh to categorise him a B simply because of such things that happen.

we have seen so many philanderers around as well, do we term them B ?

Supercharged
(edited)

Seems to me, someone there is very "prudish" and seems to think that once got sex, must be punished - whether the sex linked to any other benefit or not.

What we have heard so far, the Peter Lim case is the worst of the lot - but even for his case, there is a 2 or 3 year lag between the sex and the alleged benefit / payoff - which seems rather ridickilous to me....who would sux dork for a benefit only 3 years later?

precisely. what they fail to understand is that such dalliances usually happens normally with people in close contact and not because someone had specially plan for it. some of my then colleagues also became husband and wife thereafter. we don't go back and accuse them of giving undue favors or being corrupt

Edited by Acemundo

one learned mcf guy said:

wealth is the test of men

proverty is the test of women

So very true..... That's why husband should give all their money to wife.... [laugh]

precisely. what they fail to understand is that such dalliances usually happens normally with people in close contact and not because someone had specially plan for it. some of my then colleagues also became husband and wife thereafter. we don't go back and accuse them of giving undue favors or being corrupt

Precisely. actually if they want to say that, how about a certain individual who became CEO of the largest investment company in SG after she got married to the most powerful man in SG?

Twincharged

yeah, my wife told me that i will not have wealth cos God knows that i will fail the test [laugh]

Twincharged

Precisely. actually if they want to say that, how about a certain individual who became CEO of the largest investment company in SG after she got married to the most powerful man in SG?

thought the wife more powerful than the husband?

she was 4th most powerful in the WORLD leh..

↡ Advertisement