Horrible boss

Heavenspirit

(edited)

Thanks for all the encouraging words

Just before i threw letter, i dropped by a small funeral home. The 70-year-old towkay who owns it is special to me, for he was the first new account i managed to close.

I sat down and had kopi with him, surrounded by his coffins.

I told him i was going elsewhere and away from advertising field.

He wished me all the best and told me that he will not renew the account this year as he cannot imagine dealing with someone else.

In his words, "For 40 years i never advertise in Yellow Pages. I rejected dunno how many Yellow Pages salepeople. You are the first one i signed with, it is like as though God up there told me you are a good person"

Edited by Soran
↡ Advertisement

sweee sweeeee :wub:

anyway.... is yellow pages still relevant ??? now just google everything with our smartphones liao.

thats why i stopped advertising in YP.

the last salesman tried to convince me to advertise on their Internet yellow pages for f#@&king $7000

I rejected, and dropped to $4000 almost immediately, even went as low as $400 eventually and yet

i did not advertise. From 7K to $400 ????

Gave me one long sales story to someone doing sales also.... plus he thought i dunno any thing

and popped a ya-ya question to me on how our company website can get googled when I know nothing

i said .. "META TAG" ... he went "HUH?"

knn YP..... your print days are numbered, with google around... you're dead and bringing in MARBODOH

went do any good... its just BAD + EVEN WORSE = TOTAL FAILURE

Malboro good at bringing profits mah, like HDB. so YP tot they got a good deal, but flats and advertisement is totally different thing.

mine always having periods, will find ways to screw you even if you have sales figures for him. finding apportunity to screw him back

I've stopped going to collect the Yellow Pages copy since they change the void deck collecting system. But guess what....they delivered to my house not 1 but 2 free copies few months ago! :o

I presume they had too many uncollected copies? :D Guess you made the right decision then. [thumbsup]

thats why i stopped advertising in YP.

the last salesman tried to convince me to advertise on their Internet yellow pages for f#@&king $7000

I rejected, and dropped to $4000 almost immediately, even went as low as $400 eventually and yet

i did not advertise. From 7K to $400 ????

Gave me one long sales story to someone doing sales also.... plus he thought i dunno any thing

and popped a ya-ya question to me on how our company website can get googled when I know nothing

i said .. "META TAG" ... he went "HUH?"

knn YP..... your print days are numbered, with google around... you're dead and bringing in MARBODOH

went do any good... its just BAD + EVEN WORSE = TOTAL FAILURE

Same experience here.

YP sales people told me that if I dont sign up for some $6000 package, my business will never be found by anyone.

So I paid $10 a month for a simple website. And people started coming non-stop.

Yellow Pages is really....... just yellow. [laugh]

Just before i threw letter, i dropped by a small funeral home. The 70-year-old towkay who owns it is special to me, for he was the first new account i managed to close.

He wished me all the best and told me that he will not renew the account this year as he cannot imagine dealing with someone else.

In his words, "For 40 years i never advertise in Yellow Pages. I rejected dunno how many Yellow Pages salepeople. You are the first one i signed with, it is like as though God up there told me you are a good person"

i would be very encouraged too

well done

soran

I have one

Someone came into my previous company and become the chairman. He's an ex-minister and an MP somewhere (i shall not mention where)

1) Cut all sale people's basic pay and commission

2) Calls all the sales people lazy dolphins

3) Tries to deduct transport allowance for months with public holidays, saying that company does not pay for CNY visiting

4) All this while driving around a Jaguar XF

Thank god i am out of that shithole

horsey?? :huh:

Neutral Newbie

[thumbsup] Job job bro, it is one thing to make money, it is another to build a business relationship. [nod]

I trust you are one who believes in the later, kudos to you bro!

Cheers

5th Gear

Yellow Pages used to have good & capable Generals running the company. Once is being listed and the biggest shareholder starts taking over the business , he has forced some of the Generals to go and most of the others also follow through as they did not see eye to eye with the way changes are being done..

Anyway , who still use Yellow Pages ?

5th Gear

It used to be a place full of fun and laughter and good pay cheque but super stressful environment . .

Turbocharged

Yellow Pages used to have good & capable Generals running the company. Once is being listed and the biggest shareholder starts taking over the business , he has forced some of the Generals to go and most of the others also follow through as they did not see eye to eye with the way changes are being done..

Anyway , who still use Yellow Pages ?

most ppl using Greenbook liao. if not will be alibaba.com [laugh]

I am fortunate my boss is in HK and its remote management...more flexible and freedom I guess....

Turbocharged

Greenbook is only good to search for Industrial listings .

you have a point there.

actually i dont really understand the need for yellow pages outside of industries purpose.

Yellow Pages was a rotting tree already when i came in. But Malboro came in and added herbicide to kill it even faster

1) HR dept almost all resign, kena filled with Pinoys. During exit interview tell me i will regret leaving. I told them to kiss my ass.

2) Marketing dept also filled up with Pinoys. They sound like Lucky Plaza on Sundays. All lazy bums who only know how to blame sales people when their half-f**ked efforts fail on them.

3) IT dept now sounds like a combo mix of Bombay and Manila

Actually when i think about it, when Malboro came it it was just after GE 2011 and he got removed as a minister.

Alot of my colleagues had WP clappers and flags on their tables, not to mention the infamous "Say no to 10% GST" bumper sticker. I think Malboro saw all this and decided to find a way to purge the sales department in some petty act of vengeance.

Yellow Pages was a rotting tree already when i came in. But Malboro came in and added herbicide to kill it even faster

1) HR dept almost all resign, kena filled with Pinoys. During exit interview tell me i will regret leaving. I told them to kiss my ass.

2) Marketing dept also filled up with Pinoys. They sound like Lucky Plaza on Sundays. All lazy bums who only know how to blame sales people when their half-f**ked efforts fail on them.

3) IT dept now sounds like a combo mix of Bombay and Manila

Actually when i think about it, when Malboro came it it was just after GE 2011 and he got removed as a minister.

Alot of my colleagues had WP clappers and flags on their tables, not to mention the infamous "Say no to 10% GST" bumper sticker. I think Malboro saw all this and decided to find a way to purge the sales department in some petty act of vengeance.

Just went to take a look at Yellow Pages' annual report... [laugh]

Revenues are steadily decreasing from $60 million in 2010 to $40 million in 2011. Now with our dear Malboro on-board, the group can expect more good years ahead.

Wise call on your part to quit this sinking ship.

↡ Advertisement