New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

indeed, head-on with vezel as the cheapest and better SUVs at that price. too bad, prices have risen fast and furious since.

i was surprised too that "little known" subaru also managed to do out of stocks in similar fashion to altis and qashqai 1.2. lol.

wow. 103k for this beauty is damm worth it.

indeed, head-on with vezel as the cheapest and better SUVs at that price. too bad, prices have risen fast and furious since.

i was surprised too that "little known" subaru also managed to do out of stocks in similar fashion to altis and qashqai 1.2. lol.

May be stock of only less than 10 cars, so out of stock lor !! : )

I noticed the XV got Start/Stop system,can i know,let's say,with aircon off,how many seconds can it stop for,Mazda 6 can stop up to 122 secs...

i have a cousin who owned the impreza from 06. he is not impressed and unlikely to consider another subaru. :D

i feel subaru has improved a lot since then. back then, only wrx and forester were considered good cars and even then, they had a bad beng image. it also had higher maintenence than other jap makes.

Perhaps book by the Impreza owner for replacement, which is one of the popular model back to 2004/05.

I noticed the XV got Start/Stop system,can i know,let's say,with aircon off,how many seconds can it stop for,Mazda 6 can stop up to 122 secs...

I think it really depend on the condition of the battery, and I see no issue to reach 90sec atleast, but will try to find a chance to test it.

By the way, for my case, typically for each full tank refuel, total time of the start/stop recorded average 40-50mins.

same 1.6l engine!

Hi, you mean the new facelift in town already? Interesting to see what's the main difference.

there's an advert on sgcarmart about launch of "new xv"

its together with launch of legacy (137,800) and outback (142,800). those cars are 2.5l engines. can't understand why they r pricing this 1.6l at 126,600. maybe can call your SE to confirm that its here before going down to showroom. i only asked about legacy and outback and they are available for test drive from today onwards.

Hi, you mean the new facelift in town already? Interesting to see what's the main difference.

there's an advert on sgcarmart about launch of "new xv"

its together with launch of legacy (137,800) and outback (142,800). those cars are 2.5l engines. can't understand why they r pricing this 1.6l at 126,600. maybe can call your SE to confirm that its here before going down to showroom. i only asked about legacy and outback and they are available for test drive from today onwards.

Maybe 126600 is the list price. List price for current model is 116600 but after discounts is 113800.

So if take into account loss of cevs rebate of $5k and add another $5k premium for new model, then list price is roughly 126600.

The list price for outback is pretty steep! But its a huge car...

SE told me ALL subaru cars need not have a run in period. but i read earlier comments by a few bros here who have been careful with their cars. Is what my SE told me untrue or your SE had told u otherwise?

SE told me ALL subaru cars need not have a run in period. but i read earlier comments by a few bros here who have been careful with their cars. Is what my SE told me untrue or your SE had told u otherwise?

I think he may not be giving you the right advice.

In the manual, subaru indicates that the first 1600km is the breaking in period and the long term performance of the car depends on this e.g. no driving above 4000rpm, not sudden acceleration etc...

• Praise 1

Modern car does not need special run-in. Some even say you should drive it hard when it is new so that the piston ring will fit nicely with the cylinder lining. The brake also need to be used hard so that the brake pad will fit the rotor.

I believe all new Ferrari and Lambo are test driven hard by the test driver :)

thanks for info!

I think he may not be giving you the right advice.

In the manual, subaru indicates that the first 1600km is the breaking in period and the long term performance of the car depends on this e.g. no driving above 4000rpm, not sudden acceleration etc...

↡ Advertisement