NUS PhD student spared ROAD RAGE jail term

Cutebeat

The judge said 'he held back'? WTF? Punched 3 times repeatedly called holding back? [knife]

Yes, i cannot understand what the judge meant by the accused held back when the victim was punched 3 times... so punch 5 times, 7 times, 9 times considered 'held back'?? Maybe anything less than 10 punches is considered 'held back'?? This is just ridiculous.

What if that accuse does not hold a Phd ??????????

Sign's of clear cut double standard ..................... [thumbsdown]

The [scholar] one, holding high post one, filty rich one always get lighter then those working ppl who bread & butter depend on his daily driving....... [smallcry][smallcry]

Could we just remove the blindfolder on the statue who is holding a book on one hand and a scale on another ........ [mad]

The meaning of the statue is that it is inpartial and has its eye covered.

but it doesn't look like it........ :ph34r:

Yeah sure, if the person who was punched was someone important like an MP I'm sure they would consider all the mitigating and aggravating factors too? [laugh]

There are exceptions.... [laugh] But this should not to used as reference to future case.

Damn, I think I have potiential to be judge leh. What you guys think?

"The assault may not have taken place if the victim had not uttered the word."

It may not be a classic road rage but sure is a classic defence by lawyer Subhas Anandan! [smash]

If I ever meet a road bully, I will make sure he scold me something ("*itch") before I use my heels to knock some sense out of him.

Who is this Subhas Anandan? Somehow this name is linked to SQ6 crash.

Could we just remove the blindfolder on the statue who is holding a book on one hand and a scale on another ........ [mad]

Lol...maybe the actual meaning is. The laws is blind....the scale is to measure how much gold you can part with and will determine how many pages in the book the law can flip for you.....

Who is this Subhas Anandan? Somehow this name is linked to SQ6 crash.

A very famous lawyer who takes up cases local lawyer dont want...from malaysia if i am not wrong...

I think if I am very rich, "ho say" liao. Road rage and punch 3 times then stop. Pay fine pay lor. BUT I am not rich, so I cannot afford to try. [:p]

Officially it is said that the act of blindfolding symbolises a blindness to partiality, a justice that is impervious to favours and prejudice. What they don't tell you is that the blindfolding also means that Lady Justice can sometimes get lost in the course of justice, "holland" and maybe even "gostan" because she can't see.

LOL [:p]

"The assault may not have taken place if the victim had not uttered the word."

It may not be a classic road rage but sure is a classic defence by lawyer Subhas Anandan! [smash]

If I ever meet a road bully, I will make sure he scold me something ("*itch") before I use my heels to knock some sense out of him.

Haha.. He is one legendary lawyer..

did the victim file a civil suit in this case ?

from other street punching cases , it seems like police dont even want to get involved.

Officially it is said that the act of blindfolding symbolises a blindness to partiality, a justice that is impervious to favours and prejudice. What they don't tell you is that the blindfolding also means that Lady Justice can sometimes get lost in the course of justice, "holland" and maybe even "gostan" because she can't see.

LOL [:p]

sounds like another woman driver.... [lipsrsealed]

did the victim file a civil suit in this case ?

from other street punching cases , it seems like police dont even want to get involved.

they exist to catch naughty politicians. i never saw them do any 'good' otherwise.

To me..if u nearly cause an accident...just say sorry and go lor...he got u scum not as if scold your parents..in the 1st place he is wrong to drive so dangerously...dun need jail term but at least fine with community work for him..just 4k too light

Better not jail rich people or they emigrate

↡ Advertisement