Divorce

Vhtfhwlego

I have a friend (girl) that husband had committed adultery and she had decided to leave the man. In their family, Husband, Wife, Son (less then 1 year old) and this incident happens during Christmas. I need some comments and ideas how I help my friend and advice on legal issues for divorce, alimony, maintenance etc.

I know them for over 17 years and it was a mistake right from the start.

This couple lacks communication, and understanding (accepting) each other and over the time, their relationship from loving~companionship(routine)~commitment (after 1st child is born). Overtime their love had died off and the guy had not been a good husband, good father and a good son in law.

Duty as a husband:

As this case is an adultery case, wife given him a chance to leave the other woman. She said that "if that you leave this woman, I can forget about everything that had happened". Guess what he said "I cannot break the other woman's heart, I need more time.

↡ Advertisement

wah... civil servant marreid with kids only earn 30k per annum???

sounds damm farked up...

let lawyer handle it la

they know what to do and how to dig. we cannot advise.

but typically, you can claim for upkeep, and child support at minimal. and sale of matrimonial home iirc and other joint assets

sorry to hear about such fark up man. [shakehead]

obviously he is not suitable for marriage or parenthood, let the lawyers handle, confirm can suck from him jialat jialat maintenance. after tat, i think his lover will also run road

Please consult a family lawyer who will ask the right questions and can advise your friend accordingly. He/she will also be able to explain to your friend the underlying principles. This area requires a lot of detailed facts (much more than what you have given), and this would most probably be too personal for your friend to reveal online.

sounds damm farked up...

let lawyer handle it la

but typically, you can claim for upkeep, and child support at minimal. and sale of matrimonial home iirc and other joint assets

I'm for child support and joint assets seperation.

However, I find that 'Upkeep' is very much abused here in Singapore. Of course, certain housewife cases are genuine and to be protected. But still very much abused by females in Sg.

As such, if the guy never get the girl to sign a pre-matrimony agreement regarding upkeep, he only has himself to blame.

So besides getting the lawyer to settle will be the best bet?

As there are some agreement between them, the guy will engage a lawyer to file for divorce and we will engage another one to counter claim against him.

It is the right way or just to file direct against him?

sounds damm farked up...

let lawyer handle it la

[lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Gawd!! 30K PA.....

I wonder how old this bugger is... 30K PA and he's ready to start a family!!??!!

Hmmmm civil servant... I can safely guess what job he's in.... [lipsrsealed]

evidence for adultery?

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/family/faq.aspx?pageid=3688

very sad case when children are involve.

my gf (no kids) husband also involve with another woman.

same reason, CANNOT BREAK UP becoz will hurt the OTHER woman.

lame excuse.

my gf trace their email, sms.

seek lawyer and file for divorce.

n she did it.

sometimes the man kena gong tao already [sweatdrop]

Agree with what most ppl says here...

get a lawyer...

They will know what to do and will fight for the best for the lady.

Sad to hear such a miserable story.

Thinking of their child which is ....

[bigcry] [bigcry]

what agreement? u mean they have an agreement with each other? like what?

just go to a lawyer straight.

lawyer will give her options on what can be done or file against him.

and also depends on what she wants to file against also.

im sure there are lawyers in this forum.

advise anyone??

[lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Gawd!! 30K PA.....

I wonder how old this bugger is... 30K PA and he's ready to start a family!!??!!

Hmmmm civil servant... I can safely guess what job he's in.... [lipsrsealed]

Cannot like that say, I know of family with combine income of 30K with 3 kids & 1 house.

But the dad is able to support the family as he had shown love for the family.

This guy with 30K is 31 years old with no direction in life.

confirm not gong tao lor.. he is a busturd .... [furious][whip]

alot of men small head rule big head. i go a neighbor, husband go china for biz n have mistress, dun wanna come back. only after $$$ use up and mistress left him then he guai guai come back to wife. wife is good enough to forgive him. whenever i see them, i pity the wife, so pretty n virtuous, husband look so fugly n useless [shakehead]

men needs love n pampering too! just that we don show does not mean we don need it! ive personally seen some couples take things for granted( me included) and the rift gets bigger and eventually one or both party will look for ingredients that is missing inside. happens in all levels of society. men usually keep this things to themselves especially if it corncerns the in-laws and things will spiral out of control. pple say things when they are angry, best is to take a fiver, keep cool and think things over. [smallcry][smallcry]

↡ Advertisement