Arsenal fans fall in !

Speedz76

some speculates that AFC will do away with single player reliant on mid defense,

changing into mobile (and hopefully agile) trio mid who can keep possession/precise passing.

question to that is, if opponent keep possession would they be able to win back,

since less tackling/stubbing will most likely come from both the less physical players of Arteta (and Sahin or Le Coq) ?

Arteta will most likely inherit Song's role, though not in exact manner, but last season most of the time he's the one getting tackled.

With an average of 2.8 tackles per game and 2.1 interceptions per game, Alex Song still maintains a respectable rate in comparison to the divisions other defensive midfielders. However, it is still a long way off the likes of Lucas and Parker, who chalk up averages in excess of 4 tackles per game and only marginally better than the clubs other deep-lying midfielder- Arteta- who averages 2.5 tackles and 1.9 interceptions respectively.

source Opta Stats

and if you look at the table.... song has effectively become a playmaker rather than DM and his aerial duel have decreased from 30+ mins per duel to 90+mins... shocking...

Looks like you are right Arteta will most likely inherit Song's role

↡ Advertisement

you are worrying me.... sagna broke his leg

which explains why Ramsey failed to find target last season despite the persistent trys?

i.e can't shoot straight (while he thought he did)? ^_^

which explains why Ramsey failed to find target last season despite the persistent trys?

i.e can't shoot straight (while he thought he did)? ^_^

must check if the leg is straight anot... if not, must do zeroing..... [:p]

another note on flanks:

some fans despised Jenkinson as RB chosen over Yennaris as Sagna temp sub.

the lad is yet to peak imho, v Sun'land he did manage a few -not so bad- crossings (all at final 3rd about the same spot) but unable to be useful against parked bus.

Or was it a non-timely/organized enough?

To be fair actually Gibbs/ LB is the least productive of both flanks, not so obvious because of Gerv's push to the box.

Yet another to work on?

What is the best way(s) to break parked bus defence?

Next match v Stoke will most likely be a physical one.

another note on flanks:

some fans despised Jenkinson as RB chosen over Yennaris as Sagna temp sub.

the lad is yet to peak imho, v Sun'land he did manage a few -not so bad- crossings (all at final 3rd about the same spot) but unable to be useful against parked bus.

Or was it a non-timely/organized enough?

To be fair actually Gibbs/ LB is the least productive of both flanks, not so obvious because of Gerv's push to the box.

Yet another to work on?

Next match v Stoke will most likely be a physical one.

as a RB, i will be more concerned about the defensive side rather than the offensive side... and in this aspect.. Yennaris is more defensively sound....

The only thing that gibbs has working for him is his pace thus any mistake can be covered by his pace... same for glichy lpreviously

true, the wingers should do more crossings.. but are they doing it or is it even part of the strategy when full backs doing that (crossing distance plays part)?

furthermore, against heavy defence of something like 5-5-0 in the box, the likes of runner such as Walcott become virtually useless? What could be the role (aside obvious Gerv's penetrating).

So, would Stoke likely to deploy the same way Sunderland have played?

i just hate to see a repeated fail over same issue, not that i can do anything about. ^_^

true, the wingers should do more crossings.. but are they doing it or is it even part of the strategy when full backs doing that (crossing distance plays part)?

furthermore, against heavy defence of something like 5-5-0 in the box, the likes of runner such as Walcott become virtually useless? What could be the role (aside obvious Gerv's penetrating).

So, would Stoke likely to deploy the same way Sunderland have played?

i just hate to see a repeated fail over same issue, not that i can do anything about. ^_^

If i am AW,

for teams that park the bus

the FBs can do early crossing....

wingers i will choose arshavin and gervinho... they are skillful enough to beat defenders in small space... and cazola as AM.... in fact cazola and arshavin can cross rotate as SS when necessary... arteta will provide the running from midfield

this will be where Giroud may perform better than podolski.... Giroud given his big frame can make space for the others....

Too bad i am not wenger [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Just bash through the bus! [:p]

Run into pen area and get penalty haha

On opponents who like to park bus,

even if they were given possession to draw them out, their defense are most likely to stay in their box. They will gamble on fast break, of which against AFC it did pay out most of the time last season.

Still is vulnerable even now.

on top of the usual patiently passing at final 3rd lurking for chances, I would like to see some 30 yard drives. Something Santos or Rosicky (add Ox, Ramsey in too if you like) would do. Early crosses might work too in fact, anything that's not so darn obvious nor predictable.

Just bash through the bus! [:p]

Run into pen area and get penalty haha

yea,

maybe that's what Ox and Walcott should be doing in the given circumstances.

Sahin, the final piece of the AFC jigsaw puzzle?

reported Galatasaray interest in the player linked with unlikely Kaka signing has mentioned Sahin preferred a loan move to AFC over LivPool although Jose Mourinho would like him to play under BR for a season.

AW has been indicating of yet another signing for a midfielder, which Sahin is relatively being linked.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/...or-kaka?cc=4716

On opponents who like to park bus,

even if they were given possession to draw them out, their defense are most likely to stay in their box. They will gamble on fast break, of which against AFC it did pay out most of the time last season.

Still is vulnerable even now.

on top of the usual patiently passing at final 3rd lurking for chances, I would like to see some 30 yard drives. Something Santos or Rosicky (add Ox, Ramsey in too if you like) would do. Early crosses might work too in fact, anything that's not so darn obvious nor predictable.

for the 30yard drives... arsenal players are trained to only pass pass pass... which was why i am quite happy we bought arteta, podoski and cazola... this 3 does shoot on sight from outside the box....

yes for teams that park the bus. they will most likely remain in the penalty box.... that's where cazola, arshavin, arteta and maybe ox comes into the picture.... the first 3 are masters of passing in confined areas....

if sahin does not come in and diaby and arteta plays in CM.. then either one has to stay back when arsenal is attacking.... one of the reason we were leaking goals because song does not stay back.... and once arteta got used to the DM role.. we started winning games... it is of no conicidence we won only 1 game out of 8 (if i rem correctly) when arteta was out...

Sahin, the final piece of the AFC jigsaw puzzle?

reported Galatasaray interest in the player linked with unlikely Kaka signing has mentioned Sahin preferred a loan move to AFC over LivPool although Jose Mourinho would like him to play under BR for a season.

AW has been indicating of yet another signing for a midfielder, which Sahin is relatively being linked.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/...or-kaka?cc=4716

sounds like something man u or psg will go for

for the 30yard drives... arsenal players are trained to only pass pass pass... which was why i am quite happy we bought arteta, podoski and cazola... this 3 does shoot on sight from outside the box....

yes for teams that park the bus. they will most likely remain in the penalty box.... that's where cazola, arshavin, arteta and maybe ox comes into the picture.... the first 3 are masters of passing in confined areas....

if sahin does not come in and diaby and arteta plays in CM.. then either one has to stay back when arsenal is attacking.... one of the reason we were leaking goals because song does not stay back.... and once arteta got used to the DM role.. we started winning games... it is of no conicidence we won only 1 game out of 8 (if i rem correctly) when arteta was out...

maybe minus Arteta if he was to be played in a more defensive role.

AW did mention the need for a more creative link up from the midfield post Sun'land match, aside Caz.

maybe minus Arteta if he was to be played in a more defensive role.

AW did mention the need for a more creative link up from the midfield post Sun'land match, aside Caz.

sahin and arteta... up down up down up down....

unless mvilla comes and release arteta.. but i see nothing in mvilla....

doubt we can afford kaka....

will we have another suprise? but you know we only got 10 CM hor [laugh]

↡ Advertisement