Nuclear Power

Happily1986

Referendum  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a referendum should be called?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care at all.

nuclear energy doesnt burn coal and so is clean and renewable. true ?

nuclear power plants don't use coal. they use fuel rods which are enriched heavy radioisotopes e.g U-235. Once these fuel rods have been subjected to enough depletion, they cannot be used for nuclear fission anymore. I don't understand why some textbooks described nuclear power as renewable. Nuclear fusion maybe... but nuclear fission you must be kidding. But something about the nuclear energr source, it is highly efficient. A shitload of energy can be extracted from a relatively small amount of nuclear fuel.

Buy from Indonesia?

Indonesia has expressed interest in Nuclear plants. Its in the noose..

To support all of SG energy needs, we will need about 10 nuclear powerplants

SG no space.

Indon so many islands near SG.

Does the opposition think about singapore 20yeqrs from now?

The current gov is so fqr sighted. Can plan long term for singapore survival.

The prince said he wants to see the nuclear plant in his lifetime. I think that is a good decision.

I will vote for the party who has long term plan for singapore.

I want to pass down my properties to my kids in 20years time. I hope and will do anything to ensure the good government is in plqce to ensure singapore survival.

Solar power and wind power needs substantial land space to be effective..SG is just a tiny dot and land is limited..moreover the costs are very high compared to nuclear energy..and nuclear is considered "green" :D

If every damn building roof top got solar panel covered, its a viable energy source. But the initial costs scary.

But if u think long term being green, its justifiable. but you know lah, Oil is a commodity and has oiled the hands of all garments...

Nuclear waste can be contained (maybe next time send to Moon but Sky Elevator.... Fossil fuel waste cannot be contained.

Does the opposition think about singapore 20yeqrs from now?

The current gov is so fqr sighted. Can plan long term for singapore survival.

The prince said he wants to see the nuclear plant in his lifetime. I think that is a good decision.

I will vote for the party who has long term plan for singapore.

I want to pass down my properties to my kids in 20years time. I hope and will do anything to ensure the good government is in plqce to ensure singapore survival.

I also thought of this more than 20 yrs ago wor...

I'm also very far sighted.

20 yrs ago I thought of Bioscience to be brought into SG as the 1001 failed testings are paid for by others and SG can started from the 1002 testing.

20 yrs ago I also thought of Solar Panels and also Green Grass in every rooftop of SG buildings.

15 yrs ago I also thought of Air Engines to replace petrol ones.

Its not just Garment that has foresight. I also have, but no channel to contribute...

This is not a solution to energy. Even 20 years later, nuclear is still dangerous.... if really anything leakage happened, how? It cannot be solved by just saying "no amount of engineer, scientist or nuclear physicist can prevent leakage...! Our population will just wipe out... How about the nuclear waste? dump to the sea? Sent to China or Russia?

Our garment just don want to put in effort to educate and invest in other source. There is so many renewable energy that available.

Actually, partial blamed also to be put to Sillyporean, many just don know how treat the environmental healthy.

you think that the navy bought the nuclear submarine for a reason?

SG bought nuclear submarine? wasn't it the Archer class diesel submarines from Sweden?