How's life working in offshore bank?

Versatile

thank you thank you...really nice of u guys to show the link to wiki.

cheers!

sigh.... very hard to please.... need to draw picture or not [laugh] [laugh]

Yes, i'm talking about information system. In short is IS/IT related job. Actually i'm pretty happy with my current workplace now. Benefits wise is way better than any of the companies out that can offer currently. I shall not mention the company but it's one of the top tier legal firm in singapore.

I understand that offshore working hrs can be heretic at times. True? I'm very curious about the twice the bonus offer by them. If current company give me 4 months, are they going to give me 8 months?! Too good to be true. Anyway, thanks for all the replies. Will consider but my heart still stick with the current one.

A fact is most of the people working in offshore bank are FT, 90% of them. You will be the minority. [mad]

Another fact is also, there are not that 'talent' as what they claim to be, which is the same with all other industrial, so practically, any company is the same now.

Actually, that is my concern. I can't stand working with FTs. My current workplace don't even have a single FT. Well, at least for my department..

When i first joined the industry, I learnt a few things from one senior,

"Bank everything also don't have, only got money"

"Don't worry about cost, just worry about getting the business in"

I think for IT related stuff it is well known that banks easily pay double the normal rate outside...

Yes, i'm talking about information system. In short is IS/IT related job. Actually i'm pretty happy with my current workplace now. Benefits wise is way better than any of the companies out that can offer currently. I shall not mention the company but it's one of the top tier legal firm in singapore.

I understand that offshore working hrs can be heretic at times. True? I'm very curious about the twice the bonus offer by them. If current company give me 4 months, are they going to give me 8 months?! Too good to be true. Anyway, thanks for all the replies. Will consider but my heart still stick with the current one.

Ask for sign on bonus.

Tell them you bonus now how much, ask them to pay for it.

They will only pay after you confirmed though.

Don't worry about additional 4 months, its nothing to them if they feel they need you.

When i first joined the industry, I learnt a few things from one senior,

"Bank everything also don't have, only got money"

"Don't worry about cost, just worry about getting the business in"

I think for IT related stuff it is well known that banks easily pay double the normal rate outside...

But i think the working hours and the responsibility is much more higher. Cannot imagine myself working in wee hours. However, don't you ageed with me that most IS/IT department are cost centre to them? If encounter any financial crisis or turnmoil, IT/IS staffs will be the one to be ask to go?

depends on which stage in life.. if you are <30, unmarried or no kids and no intention for good family life for next 5 yrs, cheong for it. if you already settled down and value family life, stick to your law firm which is very much less stressful than bank IS job. imagine the ATM debacle happen to you. can kiss your double bonus goodbye

don't you ageed with me that most IS/IT department are cost centre to them? If encounter any financial crisis or turnmoil, IT/IS staffs will be the one to be ask to go?

u r 100% correct plus u gotta handle the FT politics... they dam good at protecting their own kind & promote themselves.

Neutral Newbie

But working with them damm stress leh, talk also got problem, their English 1 piece 1 piece, sometimes even pronounce wrongly. You know which colour I am talking about lar, plus their smell, sometime really cannot tarhan.

wow. you very honest!

There this mysterious building, address at 1 Serangoon North Avenue 6, that do not have any signs that indicate the name of the company. The gate is highly secure, seems like for car to enter, neet to by pass a few layer of security. The wall also machiam like a mini version of changi prison. So far the very few employess that enter and exit are FT.. Suspect this building to be a one of those off shore bank..

Don't think I like this type of working environment, too controlled..

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement