How to Transfer NCD?

Kyrios

Hi people

I have a question. How do I transfer NCD? Say I have 40% NCD but I bought another car while waiting to scrap/sell the old one. How do I transfer the NCD from the old to tne new? Assuming the 2 insurers are diffrent companies.

They tell me can transfer but I dont see any actual paperwork exchange between the 2 insurers. Like that it seems I can tell different companies I have 40% NCD on each car and nobody checks.

Anyone with the same issues?

When it comes to accident claims, who does the check on NCD ENTITLEMENT? Does the NCD follow the driver or follow the car?

Sorry a bit blur on this matter.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Yup, Once you buy your New car and u decide to use ur 40% NCD which u accumulate on ur old car, when you quote for Insurance quotation for your new car you can use the 40%.

At the end of the day, you have to cancel your old car Insurance policy. So that you can bring over your 40% NCD. :)

BUT If you buy 2nd car(own 2 cars at the same time), your 1st car will continue to enjoy 40%, whereas your 2nd car will need to start from 0%.

But does anybody know who is responsible for 'transferring the NCD'? A few insurers I talked to say they insuring companies will talk among themselves to transfer the NCDs cos they have to do acturial validation anyway.. One company asked me to self service and write letter to both companies.

↡ Advertisement