Shitty Service From Singtel

Redstorm

I had a shock when I was billed $209.63 for mobile data for one of my handphones in my latest bill. In fact, I had already asked Singtel to disable the GPRS sometime last year when I had a few consecutive bills with mobile data for the same number that I did not use. After the disabling the GPRS, I have had many months of "peace" until now. [mad] Spoke with their customer service gal and she said the record showed that I had asked to reinstate my GPRS, which is not true. I never did as I don't see a need to as my wife, who uses this number, is always at home using wifi or the PC. Or, she said, we could have reinstated the GPRS using a set of code. I dun even know that I could reinstate GPRS on my own, let alone know the correct code to use. She could only offer to reduce the data charge by 50%, which I am not satisfied at all. In fact, my wife has always been very careful when using her mobile and always ensure that her data roaming and GPRS is always at "OFF" position eversince we were billed for non-usage last year and now the same thing happened. [mad] [mad]

I wrote a stinging complain to Singtel telling them that I have had enough of this rubbish and will port my number and other mobile numbers to another service provider if the issue is not resolved to my satisfaction.

Edited by Redstorm
↡ Advertisement

I had a shock when I was billed $209.63 for mobile data for one of my handphones in my latest bill. In fact, I had already asked Singtel to disable the GPRS sometime last year when I had a few consecutive bills with mobile data for the same number that I did not use. After the disabling the GPRS, I have had many months of "peace" until now. [mad] Spoke with their customer service gal and she said the record showed that I had asked to reinstate my GPRS, which is not true. I never did as I don't see a need to as my wife, who use this number, is always at home using wifi or the PC. Or, she said, we could have reinstated the GPRS using a set of code. I dun even know that I could reinstate GPRS on my own, let alone know the correct code to use. She could only offer to reduce the data charge by 50%, which I am not satisfied at all. In fact, my wife has always been very careful when using her mobile and always ensure that her data roaming and GPRS is always at "OFF" position eversince we were billed for non-usage last year and now the same thing happened. [mad] [mad]

I wrote a stinging complain to Singtel about this telling them that I will port my number and other mobile numbers to another service provider if the issue is not resolved to my satisfaction.

Only way to be sure is to delete all your network settings from the phone. Otherwise, some damn app on your phone may just "phone home" on the internet without your intervention or knowledge.

Many already experienced this issue with SinkTel. Just port out! ^_^

In fact, this number was ported over to Singtel from M1 almost 2 years ago and once the contract is over in Jan 11, I will probably port it back to M1 or SH. My own line, which has data plan, will follow suit in 2 years time while another number will be cancelled by next year. Good riddance to Singtel. [mad]

can i check for those with data plan ie 12GB, this gprs and 3G network are charge under the 12GB?

erm... i checked with them this morning.. they say yup included... gprs is a component of the data plan

Edited by Galantspeedz

Yes...I suffered the same thing with my Starhub bill too.

I bought a new Samsung HP and recontract, and my mum was the one using the phone.

Ok, I admit it was my mum who innocently anyhow press the icons, untill internet and downloading some stuff, etc.

When the bill came, I was shocked.

Somehow, when I recontract the line, the staff included Free this and free that for 3 months. Thus allowing my mum to unknowningly kena charged for GPRS/downloads/internet charges on her phone.

Just have to be careful to disable all the WAP/Wi-Fi/internet feature on the phone for my mum.

Of course I should have just gotten her a $48 Nokia phone with torchlight right from the beginning, instead of that fancy Samsung smartphone!!!

Learnt my lesson.

Yes...I suffered the same thing with my Starhub bill too.

I bought a new Samsung HP and recontract, and my mum was the one using the phone.

Ok, I admit it was my mum who innocently anyhow press the icons, untill internet and downloading some stuff, etc.

When the bill came, I was shocked.

Somehow, when I recontract the line, the staff included Free this and free that for 3 months. Thus allowing my mum to unknowningly kena charged for GPRS/downloads/internet charges on her phone.

Just have to be careful to disable all the WAP/Wi-Fi/internet feature on the phone for my mum.

Of course I should have just gotten her a $48 Nokia phone with torchlight right from the beginning, instead of that fancy Samsung smartphone!!!

Learnt my lesson.

i think i'm going to have a shock bill coming soon too. Renewed my starhub line two months back and i realised the new plan is only effective 3 weeks later. so during the 3 weeks i'm so curious with my iphone that i keep surfing with it. But going to appeal since the contract starts on the day i renewed.

I had a shock when I was billed $209.63 for mobile data for one of my handphones in my latest bill. In fact, I had already asked Singtel to disable the GPRS sometime last year when I had a few consecutive bills with mobile data for the same number that I did not use. After the disabling the GPRS, I have had many months of "peace" until now. [mad] Spoke with their customer service gal and she said the record showed that I had asked to reinstate my GPRS, which is not true. I never did as I don't see a need to as my wife, who uses this number, is always at home using wifi or the PC. Or, she said, we could have reinstated the GPRS using a set of code. I dun even know that I could reinstate GPRS on my own, let alone know the correct code to use. She could only offer to reduce the data charge by 50%, which I am not satisfied at all. In fact, my wife has always been very careful when using her mobile and always ensure that her data roaming and GPRS is always at "OFF" position eversince we were billed for non-usage last year and now the same thing happened. [mad] [mad]

I wrote a stinging complain to Singtel telling them that I have had enough of this rubbish and will port my number and other mobile numbers to another service provider if the issue is not resolved to my satisfaction.

gprs cannot be activated from phone, only telco can do it.

i have a 2G iphone on firmware 2.2.1 which when i set all those network, then i can use gprs, if not, i will need wifi to go online.

when i upgrade the firmware to 3.1.2, the phone is auto configure to use gprs when wifi is weak, even thought i have disable the network. only found out this after i received the billing(not from red company). lucky can waived off.

they the mkt leader. that'w why they can afford to lose small time customers

yah lah small time cheapskate idiots like you... always want cheap and big breast... hope you marry a prositute unknownly and everyone finds out during the wedding day... your wife is your dad's mistress...

Singtel replied promptly this morning when one of their staff called me to explain that the reinstatement of my GPRS is due to the fact they had in Aug 10 adjusted my bills for this line and another line after I had requested for discounts for them. According to her, any adjustment to the plan be it change of plan or bill adjustment (for discount) would rendered any previous request for any disablement of the GPRS void and it would be automatically be reinstated. The other line is not affected since I already subscribed to a data plan. I had no prior knowledge of this reinstatement of GPRS due to these. To me, this is arbitary! The only good thing that came out of my complaint is that they have agreed to remove the total mobile data charges from my bill for this line, which is the correct thing to do since I am not at fault.

Those Singtel subscribers, who have GPRS cancelled, and have changed your plan (non data plan) or have requested for discount to their bills, please to check to ensure that Singtel do not arbitarily reinstate their GPRS without your knowledge otherwise you can incur huge mobile data bill when your hp is unknowingly connected to the mobile internet.

Edited by Redstorm

i think i'm going to have a shock bill coming soon too. Renewed my starhub line two months back and i realised the new plan is only effective 3 weeks later. so during the 3 weeks i'm so curious with my iphone that i keep surfing with it. But going to appeal since the contract starts on the day i renewed.

why so long? 3 weeks? M1... is effective by 12 mn same day.. whn i go renew contract at about 9pm

Besides my earlier complaint to Singtel, I just came to know from someone this morning that those whose subscribed, under one name, to Singtel's Mio TV, residential line, BB and mobile line are entitled to a 30% discount on their total monthly bill? I have never enjoyed such a discount neither is it offered to me despite having all these Singtel services under my name. Is it true and any Singtel subscriber enjoying such discount and would like to clarify on the terms and conditions before I shoot another complain to Sinktel? :angry: Thank you.

↡ Advertisement