Overcharged in JB Shell petrol kiosk......

Neutral Newbie

The name of the Kiosk is on the receipt I attached. Near the 大马花园 hawker center.

It is blur, is Pam Minyak Molek....... give me the name I might able to help you to write to Shell

HQ in KL. But no guarantee.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It happpen to me once but not with regards to petrol.... i book a hotel via internet using credit card and when i went to the hotel they ask for my card and they swipe again.... so i tot its for verification purpose....

when i came back from my holiday i found that there is an amt chrg.... call bank no use.... have to make long distance call and was told that it is deposit.... after 2wks the money comes back... :wacko:

OT a bit.. Happened to me also when i use my debit card to book for hotel.. They will claim "extra" but in the I think around 2 weeks also that "extra" amount is credited back into my account..

It's something like assurance $$.. haha..

Neutral Newbie

Bro let me share my side with u..i went to the same petrol station and was FOUND that there is a holding of rm$200 in my credit card.which i ask my cc company is from the jb petrol station.What happen is that whenever you use yr card in that machine but not thru counter they will straight away charge you rm$200 1st.aft that than will refund you the balance.But it will only b done aft one week.

(edited)

Bro let me share my side with u..i went to the same petrol station and was FOUND that there is a holding of rm$200 in my credit card.which i ask my cc company is from the jb petrol station.What happen is that whenever you use yr card in that machine but not thru counter they will straight away charge you rm$200 1st.aft that than will refund you the balance.But it will only b done aft one week.

Interesting....why should this be practised? No doubt, it is transparent and is returned backend...still puzzles me <_<

Suggest this PARTICULAR petrol station be avoided

Edited by RadX

The boss just got back to me. He check his side only RM24++ is charged to my card. No other charges. He says charge card and debit card will default charge RM200 to the account then whatever balance will be charged back to the account after 4 working days after they settle the claim with the bank. This default amount is determine by Shell Malaysia.

It is blur, is Pam Minyak Molek....... give me the name I might able to help you to write to Shell

HQ in KL. But no guarantee.

Thanks bro. Problem resolved

Interesting....why should this be practised? No doubt, it is transparent and is returned backend...still puzzles me <_<

Suggest this PARTICULAR petrol station be avoided

I think it is same practice for all Shell station as the boss told me the preset amount RM200 is set by Shell Malaysia not him.

I think it is same practice for all Shell station as the boss told me the preset amount RM200 is set by Shell Malaysia not him.

Hmmm....rationale? Maybe writing to Shell M'sia would be good to get a reply as to why this practice is valid

moral of the story, dun pump & pay sg card (in term of bank xchange rate is worst then money changer), ask the attendant to pump for u & pay them cash unless u hav msia's c.card.

drive safe & pump safe...

Neutral Newbie

moral of the story, dun pump & pay sg card (in term of bank xchange rate is worst then money changer), ask the attendant to pump for u & pay them cash unless u hav msia's c.card.

downside of course is u carryin hard cash around..

I do tis oso,u jus hve to b streetwise n be cautious of surrounding

wen ur across border.

aiyo... i alwaya make a point to pay by cash.

last i shopping, a shirt RM170 , i use my posb master debit. ended charge me abt 140sgd !

the extra is too much !

so ended pay cash. pump how much pay how much. no dispute.

Hmmm....rationale? Maybe writing to Shell M'sia would be good to get a reply as to why this practice is valid

shhh..people will tell you that you not fit to write anything in his thread..

effectively, you kena ban by him liao... [:p]

In MY, better pay everything in cash. Unless its hotel booking/payment.

Throughout the 5 yrs driving in MY, ive never use cc for any transaction at all. Will lugi big time on the exchange rate. And also safe lots of unecessary trouble like TS is experiencing.

Hmmmm.........maybe he can claim from company hence use cc lor. Orelse its just plain dumb.

Neutral Newbie

I've always used CC for all my fuel needs in Malaysia. Only trouble is that they use the chip instead of the magnetic strip. other than that, smooth as silk

Neutral Newbie

In MY, better pay everything in cash. Unless its hotel booking/payment.

Throughout the 5 yrs driving in MY, ive never use cc for any transaction at all. Will lugi big time on the exchange rate. And also safe lots of unecessary trouble like TS is experiencing.

Hmmmm.........maybe he can claim from company hence use cc lor. Orelse its just plain dumb.

No true bro... though I dont drive to Msia to pump that often, so far those instances that I went in, I use my maybank credit kard, it gives 5% rebates for all petrol station. In the end, I still make 1% or 2% after deducting the forex forex. I also used this card for groceries, also comes with 5% rebates. But using the credit card at petrol kisok is troublesome, have to go counter and the lady at the counter will give "approval" and then anounced via loud speaker to pump for me while I wait at the counter.... sigh... like scared I runaway or card is screwed....sigh

P.s. I dont work for maybank!!!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I've always used CC for all my fuel needs in Malaysia. Only trouble is that they use the chip instead of the magnetic strip. other than that, smooth as silk

I think my mayabnk kard doesnt come with "chip" outisde. I believe the chip is embedded inside. No wonder the last time I pump at shel just outside msia custom, the pump attendant ask me to pay cash, said my cardd "ta boleh" use.... :(

Btw, which card did you use? CIMB? I read they give 8% petrol rebates for Msia????

Edited by Jamjammer
↡ Advertisement