Where to find kobe or best beef in sgp?

Higgsboson

saw tv and curious anyone know where to find the raw fresh solid kobe beef in sgp?

went to swiss butchery and a few of those angmo shop selling beef, all they have are wagyu and they look like s..t.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

i always buy my meat from Meidi-ya

They have a pretty good selection of beef, pork etc.

While I believe they don't have Kobe beef, they have Aust Rockdale, US Black Angus (which i think is pretty good) and Jap wagyu (from some other prefecture, not Kobe).

Every Thurs, meat is at 10% off.

Edited by Coburn

(edited)

original meaning of wagyu = japanese beef

tatsuya at goodwood park, formerly at crown prince

they have matsusaka, one of the highest grades of japanese beef, flown from japan twice a week. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsusaka_beef

gyu-kaku at UE square, you can BBQ with kagoshima kuroushi, "black wagyu" from kagoshima. http://kagoshima-kuro-ushi-buta.com/

i frequent both places a lot.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

original meaning of wagyu = japanese beef

tatsuya at goodwood park, formerly at crown prince

they have matsusaka, one of the highest grades of japanese beef, flown from japan twice a week. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsusaka_beef

gyu-kaku at UE square, you can BBQ with kagoshima kuroushi, "black wagyu" from kagoshima. http://kagoshima-kuro-ushi-buta.com/

i frequent both places a lot.

Yes, Matsusaka beef...very nice, really melt in your mouth type!!

Better than Kobe !!

thanks Viceroymenthol. may i ask how much u pay for the Matsusaka_beef and the kagoshima kuroushi?

also do u have the address for both? thanks. :)

(edited)

thanks Viceroymenthol. may i ask how much u pay for the Matsusaka_beef and the kagoshima kuroushi?

also do u have the address for both? thanks. :)

matsusaka sushi (raw or seared) is $20 per piece. at tatsuya i only like the chirashi, uni sushi and matsusaka sushi.

gyukaku's kagoshima beef set is around $160 for small one and $300 for big one. both also not enough for me as i need at least 1kg to reach orgasm and satisfied. this kagoshima is new for gyu kaku, in the past they had the normal australian wagyu. i don't normally order the aussie wagyu set (consisting of various cuts) as i only like the aussie wagyu ribeye and karubi, among other stuff like kurobuta and veal liver so i usually order ala carte.

you can get wagyu bbq buffet (australian wagyu) at yakiniku daidomon but the quality not as good as gyukaku. when i come here, the highlight for me is always the gyuniku sashimi - wagyu steak tartare, i can eat bowl after bowl of it as i am a barbaric caveman. this place is quite cheap.... bbq buffet around $60? $80?

tatsuya is at goodwood park, gyukaku is at UE square or chijmes, the holland village gyukaku got buffet, yakiniku daidomon is at united square.

forgot to add: for kobe beef, shangri-la nadaman is always a reliable choice.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Thanks man. very good info. I did a search, i think those are resturants for bbq and eatout.

I am hoping to buy back to cook DIY. any idea those in sgp?

Neutral Newbie

Thanks man. very good info. I did a search, i think those are resturants for bbq and eatout.

I am hoping to buy back to cook DIY. any idea those in sgp?

Go QB,they sell lots of beef included grassfeed beef,wagyu beef and more....also they sell jap "Black"pig..

they also can cut the size u want like 5mm cut for bbq...

i always get my beef from there..its at jurong area...

ok guys. went to liang court Meidi-ya thanks to forumer coburn recommendation.

some update so that u guys can go get it.

the meat has beautiful marble and at 35sgd per 100gm. they are doing a 12% discount now.

going to burn it later. keep you all posted.

aaa all the steak guru here, i am planning for a good birthday treat, and till now i only find the raffles hotel longbar steak house good, got any other comments?

aaa all the steak guru here, i am planning for a good birthday treat, and till now i only find the raffles hotel longbar steak house good, got any other comments?

morton still the best =)

Missus bought two slices of rib eye today at S$6 per piece. S$30 per Kg.

Nice but imo well overpriced.

I like steak but it is well overpriced here now.

But if you go for wagyu etc then too much dosposable income.

Apologies but that's what I think.

$30 per kg is about 10% of the price for quality wagyu so you might want to re-examine what you really ate.

wah seems, to be very very yummy....

thank thanks, i will ask jane to give u a kiss next time when i saw her

There are a lot of new steakhouses which are also expensive arnd Morton's category so u can try those [laugh]

↡ Advertisement