Man jailed for grievous hurt

Toapayohkid

pedestrian road rage. not sure if the car ran over his foot in the first place!

Mar 31, 2010

Man jailed for grievous hurt

By Elena Chong

A SALES promoter was sentenced to eight months' jail on Wednesday for punching a press photographer at a pedestrian crossing.

Lew Sze Kai, 32, had admitted to grievously hurting Singapore Press Holdings' photographer Desmond Wee, 49, who suffered a fracture of his left orbit on April 7 last year.

A district court heard that the victim had stopped his car at the pedestrian crossing between Lucky Plaza and Tangs department store when a security guard signalled to him to drive on.

Suddenly, the victim heard a loud bang. He looked at his rear view mirror and saw Lew kicking the right passenger door of his vehicle.

After parking his car by the side of the driveway, Mr Wee confronted Lew, who threw a punch on his face during an argument.

Lew, who had his sentence deferred to April 14 to settle his personal affairs, could have been jailed for up to 10 years and fined or caned.

↡ Advertisement

this type of people kuku one.

little bit little bit hit people.

and seems like he got massive amounts of strength too :wacko:

lol victim got gd doctor and gd lawyer lah!

Can someone enlighten me when can fighting be classified as grevious hurt and when is it a civil case? [confused]

Hurt.

319. Whoever causes bodily pain, disease or infirmity to any person is said to cause hurt.

Explanation.

IIRC, last time got one Finnish FT punched his woman neighbour and escaped by settling in private.

Punch people offences in S'pore seems very gray to me.

IIRC, last time got one Finnish FT punched his woman neighbour and escaped by settling in private.

I think got 2 set of law. 1 for Pleasants and 1 for Elites [lipsrsealed]

Correction to your sentence...

Peasants are not Pleasant...but elites are Elites! :D

Turbocharged

*peasant punch elite, mata sue peasant. verdict----> peasant go jail. period.

*elite punch peasant, have possible 2 outcome

outcome one: civil case since it's beyond mata jurisdiction.

this route also have 2 possible scenario

-scenario one: peasant no $, LL suck thumb.

-scenario two: peasant sue elite, verdict--> a small token of fine and case closed.

outcome two: mata sue elite and the verdict---> a small token of fine and case closed.

[sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Can we appeal against Attoney General's decision when AG has given his decision of only giving a stern warning instead of charge in court?

Please correct me if i wrong, If u r rich, u can slap or whack or kiss or whatever u want then use yr money

to settle the matter out of court. [sly]

'All are equal' before the law, says Law Minister K. Shanmugam

Published on Feb 15, 2012

In his keynote speech yesterday, Mr Shanmugam said a system that deals severely with offenders and a culture of intolerance against corruption will result in a relatively clean system. -- ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONGBy Selina Lum

Action will be taken against anyone who breaks the law here, whether that person is a Cabinet minister, a senior civil servant, a public official of lower rank or someone in the private sector, said Law and Foreign Minister K. Shanmugam.

He was speaking at the Rule of Law Symposium on Tuesday at the Supreme Court auditorium. In his keynote speech, he touched on corruption, saying that even with the strictest laws, there will be individuals who fall short from time to time.

When this happens, it is a test of the system to see whether it is able to respond swiftly and decisively. 'This is the case in Singapore,' he said, without referring to any specific case.

The way to minimise corruption is through the careful selection of people, but that, and everything else, will not eliminate wrongdoing, he added.

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Can someone enlighten me when can fighting be classified as grevious hurt and when is it a civil case? [confused]

Seems like you are out of touch with Sinkland reality...

Maybe I point out to you that the AG states very strongly that they have the entire full discretion to decide WHO to charge and push for punishment and WHO they WILL never be bothered..

In simpler terms ....for Ah Beng like you...it means that ppl of peasant grade, no connection can expect NO ACTION from them and that if you choose to do so....you pursue your own civil case to settle your grievences..

While for Elites...well..that is a totally another game plan for them... :D

Talk about being screwed....Sinkie.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement