Used Car Dealers Feedback!

Jeff08

if the dealer wants to verify the authenticity of my experience, i gladly welcome them to contact me

just ask Alvin for the contact details of the guy who bought a scirocco from him in May, i'll be glad to share in detail

↡ Advertisement

sharing my bad experience here, hope nobody else has to go through the same!

Dealer: Pinnacle Motors Turf City

Sales rep: Alvin Yue

bought a second hand car from them in May, traded in my old car

but they only did the ownership transfer 3 weeks later, as a result the giro for the loan on my previous car deducted one more instalment (about $650); this means the dealer should refund this amount to me since the trade in value was reduced by the amount of outstanding loan

the dealer handled the settlement of that outstanding loan with the finance company, so there

Hi Picanto, yeah i am also very willing to share with you my experience and the photos/documents that i have. u can pm me ur number and we can even meet up to talk abt it.

yeah we newbies are not active in tis forum...but for me (and i'm sure other newbies as well), i always come in here to look for advice and info on cars. so now tat i really have a bad experience to share, i post it here. so i dun tink u shd doubt the authenticity of our experiences. it's quite an insult to us if u choose to give the benefit of the doubt to the used car dealers rather than to newbies like me.

no offence....but juz wanna share the stories with more ppl. there's not much recourse we can take....coming in here to warn ppl is one of the best remaining options. ^_^

and I quote wat Picanto posted before: "say openly if got proof. if not, better dun say".

I agree with this statement. and i hope my car dealer sees my post and come and confront me abt it....haha.

yup, i prefer direct sales. but many "direct owner" on SGCARMART also dealers in disguise. so buyers beware!!!

haha.. just now i sms a 'direct owner' the best offer for his car, he reply me "which car" [rolleyes]

following that he said he selling 2 cars in sgcarmart [gossip]

maybe he migrating

can any1 share the experience with Tely Auto in west coast carmart??

tot of buy this car, any things i shld look out for??

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...012&DL=1096

thks.. :)

It doesn't matter which car dealer you buy from, its the sales person that sucks, you have get it down in black and white

As for the car just ignore the mileage, probably adjusted

A bit Ex, but guess its the market price now

Just smell the interior and look under the car mat and press down on the floor and car seats for any wetness

Check the lights for any signs of water vapour- Just in case its a flooded car

Accident car are very hard to tell only by the new paint on the front and boot cover

The best is to send to AA for inspection

Overall, the civic is a pleasure to drive, reasonable FC , adequate power

And you won't regret buying it

It doesn't matter which car dealer you buy from, its the sales person that sucks, you have get it down in black and white

As for the car just ignore the mileage, probably adjusted

A bit Ex, but guess its the market price now

Just smell the interior and look under the car mat and press down on the floor and car seats for any wetness

Check the lights for any signs of water vapour- Just in case its a flooded car

Accident car are very hard to tell only by the new paint on the front and boot cover

The best is to send to AA for inspection

Overall, the civic is a pleasure to drive, reasonable FC , adequate power

And you won't regret buying it

thks for ur advice... understand that AA is more stricted?? will they be able to know if the car gt accident b4??

thks

Neutral Newbie

if it is not a PI car....u can note down the carplate number and then u call the authorized dealer and u juz politely ask them..."hi, i juz bought tis used car and i will like to check when was the last servicing being done? and wat was the mileage during the last servicing?"

they juz need to key in the carplate number and then immediately they can give u all the info. most of the time ppl will go back for the 1st 3 yrs free servicing....so there will be some records of the car u planning to buy. so roughly from the last record found....u do a agar-ration to see if the current mileage shown on the car's odometer is reasonable onot.

another way is to look at the car leather seats....a high mileage car usually the leather on the driver seat is quite worn out. the more worn out it is....the more often somebody's butt had been sitting on it lo....haha. but if they change new seats....then LPPL. hope tis helps! =)

Nah..i doubt the AG knows how to check the mileage for you.

I called TTS before to enquire about my current ride's mileage before penning down the purchase form from a 2nd car dealer. Back then i was quoted 10K km for last servicing, and when I requested to check for other servicing record, they told me none.

When I send my car down for a recall, I was shocked to know that my mileage was tampered at least 60K km difference!

Feel so cheated!

thks for ur advice... understand that AA is more stricted?? will they be able to know if the car gt accident b4??

thks

Can't guarantee if they can tell but usually they wl do a thorough check including under carriage.

Better to ask dealer to send for inspection first b4 put down deposit. Tell them if grade B then wl go ahead wif purchase. If grade C and below no deal.

did u check when was tat last servicing at 10,000km mileage? maybe it was like 2-3 yrs ago ley?

If its 3 yr old and below, b4 buying, call the AD to check its servicing history.

Neutral Newbie

Any experience from BM Motoring dealer [wave] ?

Have paid them a visit before to look out for a car..car looks very well groomed and i even saw a guy polishing all the cars..price still reasonable but very resilient on reducing admin fee, same c--k and bull coe crap u know the stuff but they are quite polite and although that day i wear not very good still treat me with respect, let me play arnd the car here and there.. if not for the admin fee i would have gone with them..

in the end i found a direct seller and cheaper off $1.3k [pirate]

Just brought a car from them and happen e gearbox spoil. Drive back within 3 days. They said had to leave e car for few days there for checking. The aftersale personal was s**k. Said will call me to update e status, in the end I e one who call everyday. His reply will be tomorrow will be ready.

3 days later, repeat again. Me n wife at junction8 waiting to collect my car at 4pm. Call him at 2pm, was told mechanic was testing. Call him at 4pm, car need to change gearbox. Ask me to come tomorrow 8am to get a spare car. I said no, must be arrange for me since I already nearby.

Went down to tts, ask him when my car will be ready as I don't want to call everyday. I don't mind to wait but atleast let me know when will be ready. He said need 1 week, ok fine with me. While get e spare car, saw my car was hang on top of the machine. Gearbox was out, how e mechanic test drive e car. Manage to talk to e mechanic, was told it will not be ready so fast.

Few days later, sales call me to pay half for new gearbox 600+. I told I drove back e car within 3 days, Will look for case if they insist bah bah... In e end I need not pay.

Now, my car transmission feeling odd. Neutral n drive lights on e odo. Will light up together. Shift to manual, will stay at 3 gear. I must off e engine and start again. Cig adaptor not working now also.

I actually trade in my previous car n they take 2 weeks to settle my finance. 2 weeks in wkshop, 2 weeks driving n now.....

Any kind bros n Sis, can recommend Good workshop to rectify this problem. Thks!

Just sharing my bad experience.

sad to say, ur transmission (gearbox) is most likely taken fr some scrapped car, or at best a reconditioned one....

Just brought a car from them and happen e gearbox spoil. Drive back within 3 days. They said had to leave e car for few days there for checking. The aftersale personal was s**k. Said will call me to update e status, in the end I e one who call everyday. His reply will be tomorrow will be ready.

3 days later, repeat again. Me n wife at junction8 waiting to collect my car at 4pm. Call him at 2pm, was told mechanic was testing. Call him at 4pm, car need to change gearbox. Ask me to come tomorrow 8am to get a spare car. I said no, must be arrange for me since I already nearby.

Went down to tts, ask him when my car will be ready as I don't want to call everyday. I don't mind to wait but atleast let me know when will be ready. He said need 1 week, ok fine with me. While get e spare car, saw my car was hang on top of the machine. Gearbox was out, how e mechanic test drive e car. Manage to talk to e mechanic, was told it will not be ready so fast.

Few days later, sales call me to pay half for new gearbox 600+. I told I drove back e car within 3 days, Will look for case if they insist bah bah... In e end I need not pay.

Now, my car transmission feeling odd. Neutral n drive lights on e odo. Will light up together. Shift to manual, will stay at 3 gear. I must off e engine and start again. Cig adaptor not working now also.

I actually trade in my previous car n they take 2 weeks to settle my finance. 2 weeks in wkshop, 2 weeks driving n now.....

Any kind bros n Sis, can recommend Good workshop to rectify this problem. Thks!

Just sharing my bad experience.

its just the neutral/park position switch not adjusted properly. go back to the workshop and tell them. 5min job only.

↡ Advertisement