OPC e-day license

Redplanet

I have a suggestion to all these "forgetfulness". OPC drivers should put a deposit of let say $1000 to LTA and be allow to use the deposit and deduct from there when the driver "forgot" to buy and report it within 1 day after the expiry date/time to buy. Only applicable to this circumstance. But instead of $20 per day coupon LTA will charge let say for example, $40 for this "forgetfulness". 1st time "forgetfulness" $40, 2nd time $50 and so on. If one "forget" to report after 1 day of expiry date to buy, be prepare to be fine. And this deposit will be forfeited. Every year the driver will top up the deposit if it is being used. If the driver never "forget" and the deposit is not used at all at the end of the year the driver can receive a free peak day access to drive for next year.

Edited by Bismarck
↡ Advertisement

I have a suggestion to all these "forgetfulness". OPC drivers should put a deposit of let say $1000 to LTA and be allow to use the deposit and deduct from there when the driver "forgot" to buy and report it within 1 day after the expiry date/time to buy. Only applicable to this circumstance. But instead of $20 per day coupon LTA will charge let say for example, $40 for this "forgetfulness". 1st time "forgetfulness" $40, 2nd time $50 and so on. If one "forget" to report after 1 day of expiry date to buy, be prepare to be fine. And this deposit will be forfeited. Every year the driver will top up the deposit if it is being used. If the driver never "forget" and the deposit is not used at all at the end of the year the driver can receive a free peak day access to drive for next year.

A good idea....but I think the deduction should be equal to what you pay as a fine for a first-time offence, i.e. $500 per incident of forgettting.

That, I'm sure, will make sure that the OPC driver feels the pain each time he/she forgets!!! [whip]

A good idea....but I think the deduction should be equal to what you pay as a fine for a first-time offence, i.e. $500 per incident of forgettting.

That, I'm sure, will make sure that the OPC driver feels the pain each time he/she forgets!!! [whip]

Frankly speaking, if LTA is really serious in cutting down jams, other than cutting COE quotas, (and disallow learners taking auto licence) those who go for OPC should place a deposit of 17k with LTA. I seen alot of argument about why people go for OPC is NOT because they dont have money to pay for normal car, is mainly because of lifestyle preference. Then in that case these people should be able to place a deposit of 17k with LTA. This amount will be refund to you when you sell your car or when you drive until the end of COE life.

LOL... theres so much KEPO ppl here.... just leave the OPC owners alone la if you guys don have anything positive to say... you all behave just like old aunties at the market la...

Neutral Newbie

Frankly speaking, if LTA is really serious in cutting down jams, other than cutting COE quotas, (and disallow learners taking auto licence) those who go for OPC should place a deposit of 17k with LTA. I seen alot of argument about why people go for OPC is NOT because they dont have money to pay for normal car, is mainly because of lifestyle preference. Then in that case these people should be able to place a deposit of 17k with LTA. This amount will be refund to you when you sell your car or when you drive until the end of COE life.

Ok, so we pay the same price as a normal car and then gets to use the car only during off peak hours? are you serious about this suggestion or you are only pulling your own legs??// [rolleyes]

credit to you, this suggestion is quite funny though

to all opc bros... lta had juz streamlined their servaliance... all erp gantries and roads with cameras are armed to catch opc offenders... drive with care... each offence is now $2000 upon going to court

hihi...can i know how u know? Can PM me?

Neutral Newbie

Any idea, if i drove my OPC out before 7am, but got caught up in the jam, on the BKE towards PIE, and am still on the road, when the time reads 7:15am, am i still penalised for that?

Edited by TakomiSan

Any idea, if i drove my OPC out before 7am, but got caught up in the jam, on the BKE towards PIE, and am still on the road, when the time reads 7:15am, am i still penalised for that?

Of course you will be treated as if you drove after 7 am. Need someone to tell you that???? If like that, then everyone can drive out at 6:59 am and take their own sweet time. This type of situation suay suay, just go buy coupon... nothing to argue about here....

you'll never know... but you better buy e-day license, dont take a chance. $20 against... how much? not worth it! <_<

Yes, for sure you will be penalised. Once past 7am, buy license. No two ways about it. OPC car buyers bought their OPC cars with eyes open, knowing the terms and conditions... <_<

Neutral Newbie

OPC fine $500, to be accounted for your action. Subsequent 1 you musn't be reflected again pls get somebody ... still 500 and so on... that's it. They're quite lenient and helpful to came up with OPC' paperless plan and yes totally agree the AXS solve alot of hassle from passed practices.

Neutral Newbie

I use to drive my OPC for 4 yrs and keep at least 3 paper coupons n tear them when I need to use. Upon switching to e-coupons, I will buy them either the night before or the moment I reach my office in the morning. I have since convert my OPC to normal plate cos I need to use my car more often now.

Actually did thought of buying another OPC car for wife n eldest son to share use when he pass his license but after reading this thread, I feel that it will still be better buying an older n cheaper normal plate car cos I dont want to be surprise by a big fine one day when I open my letterbox.

Driving an OPC needs to be more discipline than driving a normal plate cos the fine is enormous when we screwup. I can trust my wife on this as she is a very careful person but not my son as he is always very forgetful.

Bottomline is to be more careful when we drive OPC. Always ask this question when u finally park your car n is going home whether u have buy the e license for today. This will save us the worry n money that will make driving an OPC more worthwhile n enjoyable.

time to get an iphone...

Hi, can advise on which site to buy e-day licence with iphone?

via mobilepay

or one motoring?

Hi, can PM me as well?

Dear all,

Recently I used my brother car and forgot to buy the e-day license. The fine is 5k! Any solution?

Thanks.

Hi, can PM me as well?

Dear all,

Recently I used my brother car and forgot to buy the e-day license. The fine is 5k! Any solution?

Thanks.

ppl here have been saying the fine is $500 only leh

why yours got extra 0 behind?

Hi, can PM me as well?

Dear all,

Thanks.

just wait for LTA letter for interview...

just wait for LTA letter for interview...

How and when do you get such a letter? I got a composition of fine (Or attend court if i do not pay). I appealed but so far no news from them yet.

↡ Advertisement