How did the slogan "Malaysia Boleh!" came into being...

Nirxe

The phenomenal growth of Malaysia under the leadership of its fourth prime minister Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad has brought about a patriotic sense of achievement amongst its people.

The Government has led the way to show that Malaysians can excel in whatever they put their minds to, and this, in no small way, has produced a society that tries to outdo itself (sometimes at ridiculous levels, if truth be told) in the endeavours it pursues

Embodying this spirit is the slogan "Malaysia Boleh!" which loosely translated means "Malaysia Can Do It!" How this slogan came to be the "battle cry" of a nation is rather sketchy but the general belief is that it was the slogan used by a health beverage in its marketing campaign in the 80s.

It caught on and soon cries of Malaysia Boleh! were heard, first only at sporting events like the Commonwealth Games and Thomas Cup Finals, then later everywhere else as it was embraced wholeheartedly by the people as a means to push themselves to endure and accept challenge, to set targets, to excel.

The "Malaysia Boleh!" spirit has since produced many achievers and achievements, and has been a cornerstone of the success story that is the new Malaysia.

↡ Advertisement

My intention was purely for informational purposes and just to reinforce the lingo that "Laughter is the medicine". I'm sure some fellow forumers might be unaware of its meaning as this term is used quite frequently within our forum. Loosen up a little and may peace be with you! [:p]

Edited by Nirxe

Neutral Newbie

...but the general belief is that it was the slogan used by a health beverage in its marketing campaign in the 80s.

i believe the health beverage was Milo? i vaguely remember their ads had a 'battle cry' of "dengan milo anda boleh", or "with milo you can" [:p]

The phenomenal growth of Malaysia under the leadership of its fourth prime minister Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad has brought about a patriotic sense of achievement amongst its people.

The Government has led the way to show that Malaysians can excel in whatever they put their minds to, and this, in no small way, has produced a society that tries to outdo itself (sometimes at ridiculous levels, if truth be told) in the endeavours it pursues

Embodying this spirit is the slogan "Malaysia Boleh!" which loosely translated means "Malaysia Can Do It!" How this slogan came to be the "battle cry" of a nation is rather sketchy but the general belief is that it was the slogan used by a health beverage in its marketing campaign in the 80s.

It caught on and soon cries of Malaysia Boleh! were heard, first only at sporting events like the Commonwealth Games and Thomas Cup Finals, then later everywhere else as it was embraced wholeheartedly by the people as a means to push themselves to endure and accept challenge, to set targets, to excel.

The "Malaysia Boleh!" spirit has since produced many achievers and achievements, and has been a cornerstone of the success story that is the new Malaysia.

With a racist constitution and corruption almost a way of life, MY boleh? More like MY Boliao..........

LKY was right........ a Malaysian Malaysia would have resulted in a far more progressive and developed MY today.

Their polis darn PMS-y.

Few months ago, I entered JB (After dunno how many donkey years).

Can't find the white card.

Blur blur go approach the polis stationed at the immigration.

-----------------------

Me: (Putting on a friendly smile) Good morning, may I know where I can get a white card?

Polis: Hello! Do I look like an immigration officer? My job is to arrest you, not to guide you.

-----------------------

WTF...

The MYsians seem to have a deep-seated resentment of SGP because we have been more successful than they in every sense of the word. Our success shows up their inadequacies and incompetence and hence they are not taking it well. Ours is meritocacy-based and have worked much better than their race-based policies (under the guise of NEP).

That's the way of live for their polis force.

Knowing that election is near, use water cannon & tear gas to dispurse just 300 Indians....... [hur][hur][hur]

What happen to their riot squad ?????

Edited by Picnic06

The cracks and tears are becoming obvious in the MY system of governance. The Indians can't stand it anymore and have taken it upon themselves to doing something about it but it may be too late. A whole generation have grown up under repeated NEP extensions and now take it as their rights and does not view it as a concession made by the minorities. Recent rhetorics by their politicians (e.g. threatening to use parangs to defend their rights) have only served to add fuel to the highly-charged submerged racial tension in MY.

Foreign investors are wary of investing in MY and the IDR. IMO, the IDR in Johore is unlikely to succeed and may become just another dead white elephant (another "multi-media corridor" that MY tried to set up but failed).

Edited by Dipstick

In a way, he's right!

If you think that's rude, try wandering into the immigration restricted area and see how our goons treat us....

You'll probably get shouted like a common criminal like they owned the farking place....

↡ Advertisement