Where to get cheap and good durians?

Aucsl

Neutral Newbie

Chong Pang if you enter by Yishun Ave 2 7-eleven thre, can find durian stall at center stalls. $0.50, 5 for $10, $20, $30 also have.

I bought durians from that Chong Pang store before. If you are not an expert, the trick of buying durian is to wear very qingcai. Best is to wear slippers & singlet. The first time I bought from that ChongPang store, I was rather formal cuz I came from office, that bugger chopped carrot like no tomorrow. A week later, I went back with slippers and worn-off T-shirt, he transformed into a honest durian seller. Anyway, that was my second and last time buying from him. Why? because I found another Durian place ... 4 Seasons Durian which opens 24/7 @ 212 Joo Chiat Place.

They even has a website: http://www.fourseasonsdurians.com

Although I'm not a big customer (only $20~$30 each time), they never cheat me. The seed is so thin that if you are not careful, you might swollow it [:p] If not for cholesterol, I can go there every fortnight.

I will only recommend 4SeasonDurian to my friends for Durians. [thumbsup]

Edited by Zorloh
↡ Advertisement

I bought durians from that Chong Pang store before. If you are not an expert, the trick of buying durian is to wear very qingcai. Best is to wear slippers & singlet. The first time I bought from that ChongPang store, I was rather formal cuz I came from office, that bugger chopped carrot like no tomorrow. A week later, I went back with slippers and worn-off T-shirt, he transformed into a honest durian seller. Anyway, that was my second and last time buying from him. Why? because I found another Durian place ... 4 Seasons Durian which opens 24/7 @ 212 Joo Chiat Place.

They even has a website: http://www.fourseasonsdurians.com

Although I'm not a big customer (only $20~$30 each time), they never cheat me. The seed is so thin that if you are not careful, you might swollow it [:p] If not for cholesterol, I can go there every fortnight.

I will only recommend 4SeasonDurian to my friends for Durians. [thumbsup]

ya ya...Chong Pang seller got funny character..

last time i went there, a previous buyer che che y y with himm, and he che che y y back...later my turn come, he complain to me about the previous buyer..

I just listen & smile with out commenting...guss wat??i buy 3 for 10 bux, ended up he give me 2 extra...i jokely ask him the extra 2 wu bojai? he said no problems..

Neutral Newbie

is it just opposite the eng seng crabs? didn't know cos looked 'normal' to me.. any specialty?

I'm not sure of EngSeng crabs, but the store that I'm referring is an 'island' shop which is near to a Kopitiam, which is known for its RoastMeat cuz Mediacop chinese food program went there & rated them as 1 of the best.

fingers despite washing with axiom dishwater or lux soap still got durian smell

to get rid of the durian smell on your hands, take the empty durian shell and put it under arunning tap. Wash your hands with the water that runs through the shell. I dun believe this works when I was told but try it and you will be amazed!

i love durian and once started can eat 2-3 medium size durian

problem is after that the next day go to work

colleagues ask had durian last night

i figured out on how they know

fingers despite washing with axiom dishwater or lux soap still got durian smell

burp or fart also got durian smell

anybody got similar experience

the smell on the fingers are very hard to get rid.

but whenever i smell,i feel hungry for durians.

the smell on the fingers are very hard to get rid.

but whenever i smell,i feel hungry for durians.

Y nid to get rid of e smell lei? I love durian n e smell n e durian burp.

But hor durian got alot carbo...eating it make me feel damn sinful. Haiz

Neutral Newbie

Errrr.. now got durians ah??? Season not here yet leh...... is it very ex at this time in feb???

Confirm more expensive.

Wait for another month in April. Confirm prices drop when everyone starts selling. [sly]

go up north. i remembered last yr bought the mao shan wang up in jaybee. prices are less more than 50% as compared to ones sold here.

JW st 41/ 42 there... blk 500++ where there is a wet market CUM hawker center

That is the fruit shop. Wait till like closing time during durian season, can whack.

I bought one whole basket for $30 bucks. Whack until siao and choot siao also. [laugh]

Just bouht some last week at Gelang Patah. (D18)

Not cheap though. (RM10/kg).

go up north. i remembered last yr bought the mao shan wang up in jaybee. prices are less more than 50% as compared to ones sold here.

Just bouht some last week at Gelang Patah. (D18)

Not cheap though. (RM10/kg).

quite cheap liao lo. sg $10/kg???

During the season, the red prawn variety was selling for SGD8/kg at the stall near my place last year.

But for D18, D24, it sold for like 3 fruits (rather large) for SGD20. Each fruit maybe about 1.5 to 1.8kg

So I don't really consider it cheap for RM10/kg. Like Sgp prices.......

↡ Advertisement