E-cool - cabin air circulation

Ysc3

i recently bought this device over the internet but the seller never got back to me on where i cud get it installed.

anyone has such a device or knws where i can get it fixed up properly ?

product url : www.dag.com.my

↡ Advertisement

Singapore so hot most of the time during the day won't it drain the battery?

So cool but car cannot start. I can't imagine the dumb look on the driver's face.

Edited by Watwheels

from the pic the car sure can start 1.

cos there is a battery voltage monitor. which will totally shut off this product if the battery is gonna run low.

hence, there will always be enough power to start the car.

this is a simple product and u should be able to get it installed at most workshops. if u still unable to get it installed, u can pm me n i can reccomend u a workshop.

however, there is one flaw in the product.

for it to work properly, the recirculatory switch must be left in the open position.

ie. outside air can enter the car. most continental cars use a electrical flap so once the engine is switched off, the flap is in the open position. however, for some cars, the flap is operated manually, ie a lever to select, if its not in the open position, the product will only circulate hot air within the cabin, thus cannot lower the car cabin temp.

u will either have to always switch the lever manually, or use the open ventilation mode for everyday driving.

from the pic the car sure can start 1.

cos there is a battery voltage monitor. which will totally shut off this product if the battery is gonna run low.

Than what's the point of installing the device?

I think you can get it installed bt most aircon workshop. My friend had a similir device installed in his car since 2001. He bought it from STA and had it installed there too. It works pretty well. I think the device will only be activated once the interior tempreture reaches 45 degree c.

The installation is basically simple - Tap 12volt dc supply directly from Battery + terminal - wire from battery+ to Battery voltage sensor and Temp sensor ( both of the devices are acting as switches). From the temp sensor ( locate inside the car )wire to the blow motor terminal +

Hope this helps

Than what's the point of installing the device?

for a small fan, it will take a long time before the battery is drained to the point that it will not start. prob can last for many many hours. so the thing still works. and it has added protection in case u go overseas or something and forget to disconnect it. at least it doesnt drain off ur battery.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we spend hundreds to install solar film to reject (or absorb for some) the heat from the sun. Leaving the car circulation on "OFF" would actually allow heat to penetrate into the cabin.

So this device actually defeats the purpose of the solar film, if you have it installed. I assume the battery monitor would cut-off the device from tapping the battery power if the power is low. However is the remaining power sufficient to crank the car? I donno...

There was a product which consist of a small fan, and solar cells. You can install the fan on the side windows, and it will "expel" the hot air in the cabin if the solar cells are facing the sun, and the fan works.

bro...u r here also here ar ??

i dun really get your explanation..... when a car is parked in the open under the sun, the greenhouse effect occurs and makes the interior atmosphere very hot - regardless whatever film one uses, it WILL happen.(BTW, I am using 3M Perf film). I think u know the feeling when you open your car door on a hot sunny day and can virtually "see" the hot air gushing out !!

from what i gather from the reading material, its supposed to make use of the a/c blower to purge the hot air from the stationary car, and draw in "fresher" air from the outside.

compared to those solar fans / ventilators, i think our a/c blowers are much stronger. (again, I have 2 window ventilators and a small solar fan on the dashboard, but i decided not to fix the 2 ventilators).

so my last resort is to try this and see if it works for me or not. If not, then i'll disable it at the most... no harm done....but the post above saying abt how real conti-cars have electric air flaps worries me abit, since i dunno if our optra has it or not. (most probably not?)

and as for battery running flat, I have experienced that b4, during my ICT - had to spend 3 hours in the camp after signing out on the last day hoping to find to find someone to help me....luckily two SSGs offered to help me !!

anyway, now i am more prepared so i have got this battery charger/jumper pack in my boot at all times - good, and in case of bad.... in any case, I won't be showing the "dumb" look in the very near future yet. It's a pity why some ppl simply dun read b4 they comment.

so i guess, the only thing left for me to do is to get it fixed up and see if it suits me or not.

scyeo@TCS

Edited by Ysc3

Neutral Newbie

For effective cooling of car cabin when exposed to the hot afternoon sun for hours, the cheapest way is to mixed around 5% alcohol in water and spray this when you open the car door, can cool the temperature down 15 - 20 deg C in under a minute. Total cost: spray bottle: $2 + alchohol (5%): few cents + water.

Hi,

Try to mod one of your ventilator by changing the polar of the wires, ie change the rotation direction of the fan. Put one on each side of the car, eg one one front left window and another on right rear window.

It should improve the ventilation, you have one fan blowing out air from the car and another fan sucking in air from outside.

Neutral Newbie

This works just using the large heat absorbing capacity of H2O some 4.2kJ/kg.mol (cannot remember the units). The alchohol is to aid in the vaporization of the water/alchohol mixture, the heat will be taken up by the mist sprayed by the bottle and vaporized into the surrounding air. Remember to leave your car door open when you are doing the spraying.

↡ Advertisement